Alexandra Montealegre is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Bogota office. She joined the Firm’s Merger & Acquisitions practice in August 2016. Prior to joining the firm she worked at local and international firms, including Debevoise & Plimpton in New York City as a member of the Latam Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Alexandra graduated from los Andes University as a lawyer and as a philosopher, and coursed a master in laws in Columbia University, New York.
Alexandra has more than 6 years of remarkable experience in M&A and corporate law. She represents private equity funds and international clients in acquiring domestic companies, and advises Colombian companies in the sale process of their assets and participation interest.
Alexandra´s experience includes drafting and negotiation of share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, corporate documents and analysis of transactional structures. She assists in all phases of mergers, acquisitions and sale processes of local and international clients, including in the supervision of multijurisdictional due diligences.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Southern Cross Group in the acquisition of 50% of Grupo Crezcamos S.A.S. and indirectly a majority stake in Crezcamos S.A. Year: 2017
- Advised Southern Cross Group in the acquisition of Supermercados Xtra, the third largest food retail chain in Panama. Year: 2017
- Advised Prudential International Investments Corporation in the acquisition (40% stake) of the Chilean pension fund Administradora de Fondos de Pensiones Habitat S.A. Year: 2016
- Advised Swiss Re Limited Corporate Solutions in the negotiation of the shareholders agreement and share purchase agreement for the acquisition of 51% stake in Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. (Colombian company, leader in insurance products).Year: 2014
- Advised Credivalores-Crediservicios S.A.S. in the capitalization by Gramercy Group (Private equity fund) of 25% stake in the Company. Year: 2014
- Advised the Brazilian Bank BTG Pactual in the acquisition of Bolsa y Renta S.A., a Colombian Broker Dealer. Year: 2012
- Advised the capitalization by Graycliff Partners LP (an American private equity fund) of the Colombian company Landers & Cia, one of Colombia's most recognized companies in the sale and production of household utensils in the country and Latin America. Year: 2012
- Colombia (2010)
- Columbia Law School, United States (LLM) (2015)
- Universidad de los Andes (Graduate Degree in Business Law) (2012)
- Universidad de los Andes (Philosophy Degree) (2011)
- Universidad de los Andes (JD) (2010)
- Co-author, Colombian Chapter in the Mergers & Acquisitions Review, Mark Zerdin, London, Eleventh Edition, October 2017
- Author, “Q&A with Paula Samper Salazar, Leading Probono Lawyer in Latin America,” Debevoise Women´s Review, May 2016