Maulik is an Associate in the Intellectual Property and Technology department of Baker McKenzie's London office. He joined Baker McKenzie as a trainee in September 2017 and was admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales in September 2019. During his training Maulik was seconded to Google's commercial legal team for six months.
Maulik's practice covers a range of technology and commercial law issues. He has experience drafting, negotiating and advising on complex contracts. He also advises on data protection, telecoms, consumer law and general contractual issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Drafting and negotiating a complex telecoms contract for the sale and lease-back of passive infrastructure network equipment and services.
- Drafting the terms and conditions for a new voice service launched by a large technology company.
- Overhaul of terms and conditions and customer agreements for an AI chatbot company, including creating electronic and interactive documents.
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating a variety of technology and commercial agreements.
- Advising and drafting on a number of GDPR compliance projects for multinational companies.
- England & Wales (2019)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course) (2017)
- University College London (LLB) (2016)
- Author, "The Global Financial Innovation Network: More Than a Global Sandbox", Payments & FinTech Lawyer, October 2018
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.