Reena Mitra-Ventanilla is a senior associate in Quisumbing Torres’ Intellectual Property Practice Group and Information Technology & Communications Industry group. She has ten years of experience handling intellectual property rights prosecution, litigation, and enforcement. For a time, she also practiced civil, criminal, labor, and maritime laws. She is the currently the Assistant Secretary of the Licensing Executives Society Philippines.
Reena's practice focuses on intellectual property-related issues and concerns, including trademark availability opinions, trademark registration and litigation, enforcement actions, and the preparation of documents and pleadings filed before the Intellectual Property Office, regular courts, and other tribunals. She also works on data privacy matters, technology transfer arrangements and licensing, patents, copyright and other intellectual property protection issues. She has represented clients in the pharmaceutical, personal care, consumer goods, fashion, food, and automotive industries.
- Next Generation Lawyer in Intellectual Property, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) Philippines - Secretary
- U.P. Women Lawyers Circle - Member
- U.P. Portia Sorority - Member
- Philippines (2007)
- University of the Philippines (LLB) (2006)
- University of the Philippines (AB Psychology) (2001)
Quisumbing Torres is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.