Representative Legal Matters
Successfully obtained a landmark ruling from the Supreme Court of the Philippines for a leading barbecue fast food restaurant chain in the Philippines, in relation to an opposition case against the application for registration of a trademark in the name of a local company, which is confusingly similar to the client's famous mark.
Successfully represented an American coffee company and coffeehouse chain in investigation of and enforcement actions against local establishments using the client's well-known name and marks.
Represented the largest fast food chain in the Philippines before the Bureau of Legal Affairs (BLA) of the IPO in two different opposition cases against the registration of third-party marks that are confusingly similar to the client’s registered and well-known mark.
Assisted a European furniture company on its franchising arrangement to ensure compliance with Philippine IP and licensing laws. In order to guarantee the enforceability of the franchising agreement, our firm also handled the pre-clearance of the agreement with the Documentation, Information and Technology Transfer Bureau (DITTB) of the IPO.
Represented a multinational watch company before the BLA-IPO in two different opposition cases against the registration of third-party marks that are confusingly similar to our client’s registered and well-known mark.
Assisted an American consumer goods and retail company in reviewing the draft technology, franchise and services agreements, and advise on the legal implications thereof.
Advised a leading South Korean eco-friendly cosmetics brand on technology transfer arrangement between client and a leading shopping mall in the Philippines. Advised on data privacy requirements, registration with the National Privacy Commission, data sharing and outsourcing in relation to the proposed business model operations in the Philippines.
Assisted an online technology platform which connects drivers to users in localizing client’s standard agreements for compliance with Philippine IP and licensing laws. Successfully obtained a ruling from the DITTB that all relevant agreements on this arrangement are compliant.
Assisted an American multinational manufacturer of a variety of products across numerous industries worldwide in causing the investigation and subsequent enforcement action / raid against a retail store and its storage facility in Manila selling counterfeit products bearing the client's marks and logos.
- Next Generation Partner in Intellectual Property, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020
- Next Generation Lawyer in Intellectual Property, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017-2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Intellectual Property Association of the Philippines (IPAP) - Member
- International Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) Philippines - Corporate Secretary
- Philippine Franchise Association - Assistant Corporate Secretary
- U.P. Women Lawyers Circle - Member
- U.P. Portia Sorority - Member
- Philippines (2007)
- University of the Philippines (LLB) (2006)
- University of the Philippines (AB Psychology) (2001)