Ludmilla Maurer, a counsel, joined Baker McKenzie’s Frankfurt office in 2010. She is a member of the German Tax Practice Group, a member of the EMEA Steering Committee for Employee Benefits and a member of the Global Immigration & Mobility Steering Committee. Ludmilla studied law at the University of Bayreuth, Germany, concentrating on tax law. She also has an additional qualification in business studies as Wirtschaftsjuristin from the University of Bayreuth. She passed the first State Exam in Bayreuth in 2006 and was admitted to the German bar in 2009. After passing the first State Exam, Ms. Maurer worked at an international law firm in Moscow as a law clerk. During her legal clerkship (Referendariat) and prior to joining Baker McKenzie, she worked for several large international law firms in their corporate departments. In 2013, Ludmilla was admitted as a certified tax advisor and a certified tax lawyer. In 2015, she completed a Master of International Taxation, MIntTax, degree at the University of Sydney.
Ludmilla advises German and foreign clients with respect to national and international tax, corporate law and tax controversy issues. Her practice focuses on tax advice in connection with M&A transactions and corporate restructurings as well as with the implementation of employee benefits programs. She also advises high net worth individuals, families and global financial institutions on cross-border tax and trust structuring, asset protection and multijurisdictional investment structures.
- Frankfurt Tax Bar~Germany (2013)
- Germany (2009)
- University of Sydney (Master of International Taxation) (2015)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberaterin) (2013)
- Certified Tax Lawyer (Fachanwältin für Steuerrecht) (2013)
- High Regional Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2008)
- University of Bayreuth (Wirtschaftsjuristin) (2006)
- University of Bayreuth (First State Exam) (2006)
- Co-author (with Anna Verena Böhm, Gregor Dornbusch, Katja Haeferer, Guenther Heckelmann, Michaela Nebel, Matthias Scholz, Alexander Wolff, Matthias Köhler, Barbara Deilmann) "AR - Kommentar, Kommentar zum gesamten Arbeitsrecht," Luchterhand, 10. Auflage, 24.8.2021
- Co-author (with D'Anthonay, Eleonore, Mirabella, Andrea, Murdoch, Gillian, Poras, Geoffrey, Rogel, Davinia, Smale, Anne-Carien), "Policy Note: Taxation of Workers in the Gig Economy: A European Perspective, " WHO, ProQest Central, 2021
- Co-author, "German Parliament Passes Tax Amendment Act 2015," October 2015
- Contributor, "Client Alert: Aktuelles zur Anwendung von DBA," September 2013
- Contributor, "Private Banking Newsletter," December 2012
- Contributor, "European Tax Newsletter," September - October 2012
Firm Committee Memberships
- Baker McKenzie Global Immigration & Mobility Steering Committee - Member
- Baker McKenzie EMEA Steering Committee for Employee Benefits - Member
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.