Yves Mauchle is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Finance Group in Zurich. He joined the Firm in 2011 as a trainee lawyer and rejoined as an associate in 2016. Prior to his return, Yves worked as an associate lecturer and research assistant at the University of Zurich under Prof. Dr. Hans Caspar von der Crone. He was also a member of the University Research Priority Program "Financial Market Regulation." His doctoral dissertation entitled "Bail-in and Total Loss-Absorbing Capacity (TLAC)" earned him the Issekutz Award for outstanding achievements in business law. In summer 2017, he completed a secondment with UBS, further developing his knowledge in the areas of bank resolution and capital markets.
Yves’s practice focuses on debt and equity capital markets, financial services regulation, banking and finance, and corporate restructurings. He regularly represents issuers and underwriters on capital market transactions, such as initial public offerings (IPOs), capital increases, high yield bonds and public takeovers. He also advises domestic and international clients on ongoing compliance with securities laws. Furthermore, Yves regularly represents financial intermediaries on regulatory matters. He also focuses on the particular regulatory challenges posed by FinTech business models, such as crowdfunding, blockchain applications and initial coin offerings (ICOs). Yves regularly publishes articles in his fields of practice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as transaction counsel in the IPO of Varia US Properties.
- Represented Investis on its IPO.
- Represented SCHMOLZ+BICKENBACH on its high yield bonds due 2022.
- Advised SIX-listed Walter Meier on its quasi-merger with Tobler Haustechnik.
- Advised Steiner on the set-up of Steiner Investment Foundation.
- Advised Investec Bank on matters related to the Swiss Export Risk Insurance (SERV).
- Represented a large Swiss bank in legal proceedings regarding liability for financial products, including complex cross-border issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- CEIBS Alumni - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2013)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur. / PhD) (summa cum laude, Issekutz Award) (2016)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Accounting & Finance) (2015)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2012)
- China Europe International Business School, Shanghai (MBA Exchange Student) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2009)
- University of Geneva (Certificate Transnational Law) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.