Yves Mauchle is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Finance Group in Zurich. He joined the Firm in 2011 as a trainee lawyer and rejoined as an associate in 2016. Prior to his return, Yves worked as an associate lecturer and research assistant at the University of Zurich, where he was also a member of the University Research Priority Program "Financial Market Regulation." He received the Professor Walther Hug Award and the Issekutz Award for his dissertation in the field of bank resolution. In summer 2017, he completed a secondment with UBS, further developing his knowledge in the areas of bank regulation and capital markets.
Yves’s practice focuses on debt and equity capital markets as well as financial services regulation. He regularly represents issuers and underwriters on capital market transactions such as initial public offerings (IPOs), capital increases or high yield bonds. He also advises domestic and international clients on public takeovers and on compliance with securities laws. Furthermore, Yves regularly represents financial intermediaries on regulatory matters and advises on the particular challenges posed by fintech business models. Yves regularly publishes articles in his fields of practice.
Representative Legal Matters
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- CEIBS Alumni - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2013)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur. / PhD) (summa cum laude, Professor Walther Hug Award, Issekutz Award) (2016)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Accounting & Finance) (2015)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2012)
- China Europe International Business School, Shanghai (MBA Exchange Student) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2009)
- University of Geneva (Certificate Transnational Law) (2008)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.