Yves Mauchle is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Finance Practice Group in Zurich. He joined the Firm in 2011 as a trainee lawyer and rejoined as an associate in 2016. Prior to his return, Yves worked as an associate lecturer and researcher at the University of Zurich in the Research Priority Program "Financial Market Regulation." He was awarded the Professor Walther Hug Prize and the Issekutz Prize for his dissertation in the field of bank resolution. Yves completed a four-month full-time secondment with UBS, further developing his knowledge in the areas of bank regulation and capital markets.
Yves' clients describe him as "very responsive, astute, trusted and commercial" (Chambers, 2022) and "very competent, knowledgeable and easy to work with" (The Legal 500 Guide, 2020).
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented SIX-listed DocMorris (formerly Zur Rose Group) on the CHF 360 million sale of its Swiss business to Medbase, a Migros subsidiary.
- Acted for the issuer, underwriters or depositary bank in each of the four inaugural global depositary receipts (GDR) listings on SIX Swiss Exchange under China- Switzerland Stock Connect, consisting of the offerings by Gem Co., Gotion High-tech Co., Keda Industrial Group Co. and Ningbo Shanshan Co. with total proceeds of over USD 1.5 billion.
- Advised UBS on its landmark USD 50 million offering of digital securities (tokenized notes).
- Acted for Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) as depositary institution in the IPO of ABB spinoff Acceleron.
- Acted for CLSA Limited in Joincare Pharmaceutical's GDR issuance.
- Structured the first Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) under Swiss law and advised VT5 Acquisition Company, the first Swiss-listed SPAC, on its initial public offering.
- Represented SIX-listed DocMorris (formerly Zur Rose Group) on their various accelerated book-buildings (ABB) with approximately CHF 450 million proceeds as well as the issuances of CHF 175 million and CHF 95 million convertible bonds and CHF 200 million straight bonds.
- Advised SIX-listed Swiss Steel Group (formerly Schmolz+Bickenbach) on all legal aspects of its CHF 325 million recapitalization through a rights offering, including negotiations with key shareholders and public takeover clearance.
- Acted as local and international counsel for Swiss Steel Group (formerly Schmolz+Bickenbach) on its initial issuance and tap issuance of EUR 350 million high-yield bonds.
- Advised Feintool on its CHF 202 million rights offering.
- Advised PSP Swiss Property AG on the conversion of its CHF 1.8 billion bond portfolio to green bonds based on the company's Green Bond Framework.
- Associate to Watch, Capital Markets, Chambers Europe 2023
- Rising Star, EMEA Equity Capital Markets, IFLR, 2022
- Rising Star, Capital Markets – Switzerland, Expert Guides by the Legal Media Group, 2020-2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- CEIBS Alumni - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2013)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur. / PhD), (summa cum laude, Professor Walther Hug Prize, Issekutz Prize) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Accounting & Finance) (2015)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2012)
- China Europe International Business School, Shanghai (MBA Exchange Student) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2009)
- University of Geneva (Certificate in Transnational Law) (2008)
Academic Journals and Books
- Author, Basler Kommentar zum Bankengesetz, Articles 30b and 30c (Capital Measures and Restructuring Plan), 3rd ed., forthcoming (expected 2024)
- Author, "Die Registrierungsvereinbarung," in: 95 Schweizerische Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Finanzmarktrecht, December 2023, forthcoming
- Author, "Tokens als Effekten", in: 17 Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (2022) 183–194, June 2022
- Co-author, "Bucheffekten auf der Blockchain", in: 16 Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (2021) 238–248, June 2021
- Author, "Durchsetzung der FIDLEG-Normen – Vielschichtige Rechtsverwirklichung durch Eingriffsverwaltung, Privatrecht und Strafbewehrung", in: 16 Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (2021) 202–224, June 2021
- Co-author, "New Swiss Financial Architecture: Enforcement of Claims by Financial Service Customers," International Briefings: Switzerland, in: Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, 383–384, May 2021