Yves Mauchle is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Finance Practice Area in Zurich. He joined the Firm in 2011 as a trainee lawyer and later rejoined as an associate. Prior to his return, Yves worked as an associate lecturer and research assistant at the University of Zurich, where he was a member of the University Research Priority Program "Financial Market Regulation." He was awarded the Professor Walther Hug Prize and the Issekutz Prize for his dissertation in the field of bank resolution. He completed a four-month full-time secondment with UBS, further developing his knowledge in the areas of bank regulation and capital markets.
Yves' practice focuses on debt and equity capital markets as well as financial services regulation. He regularly represents issuers and underwriters on capital market transactions such as initial public offerings (IPOs), capital increases and high yield bonds. He also advises domestic and international clients on public takeovers and on compliance with securities laws. Furthermore, Yves represents financial intermediaries on regulatory matters and advises on the particular challenges posed by fintech business models. Yves regularly publishes articles in his fields of practice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the issuer, underwriters or depositary bank in each of the four inaugural global depositary receipts (GDR) listings on SIX Swiss Exchange under China-Switzerland Stock Connect, consisting of the offerings by Gem Co., Gotion High-tech Co., Keda Industrial Group Co. and Ningbo Shanshan Co. with total proceeds of over USD 1.5 billion.
- Structured the first Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) under Swiss law and advised VT5 Acquisition Company, the first Swiss-listed SPAC, on its initial public offering.
- Represented SIX-listed Zur Rose Group on their various accelerated book-buildings (ABB) with approximately CHF 450 million proceeds as well as the issuances of CHF 175 million and CHF 95 million convertible bonds and CHF 200 million straight bonds.
- Advised SIX-listed Swiss Steel Group (formerly Schmolz+Bickenbach) on all legal aspects of its CHF 325 million recapitalization through a rights offering, including negotiations with key shareholders and public takeover clearance.
- Acted as local and international counsel for Swiss Steel Group on its initial issuance and tap issuance of EUR 350 million high-yield bonds.
- Advised Feintool on its CHF 202 million rights offering.
- Represented Implantica on its cross-border IPO and listing on Nasdaq First North Premier.
- Represented banks on the IPO of Aluflexpack.
- Represented Investis on its IPO.
- Advised SIX-listed Kuehne+Nagel on its acquisition of Apex International Corporation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- CEIBS Alumni - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2013)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur. / PhD), (summa cum laude, Professor Walther Hug Prize, Issekutz Prize) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Accounting & Finance) (2015)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2012)
- China Europe International Business School, Shanghai (MBA Exchange Student) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2009)
- University of Geneva (Certificate in Transnational Law) (2008)
- Author, "Tokens als Effekten", in: 17 Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (2022) 183–194, June 2022
- Co-author, "Bucheffekten auf der Blockchain", in: 16 Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (2021) 238–248, June 2021
- Author, "Durchsetzung der FIDLEG-Normen – Vielschichtige Rechtsverwirklichung durch Eingriffsverwaltung, Privatrecht und Strafbewehrung", in: 16 Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (2021) 202–224, June 2021
- Co-author, "New Swiss Financial Architecture: Enforcement of Claims by Financial Service Customers," International Briefings: Switzerland, in: Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, 383–384, May 2021
- Co-author, "New DLT Laws," in: International Briefings: Switzerland, in: Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, 157–160, February 2021
- Author, "Die neue Finanzmarktarchitektur – Das Wichtigste aus FIDLEG und FINIG," Berne 2020, § 2 (co-authored) and § 7
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.