Yves Mauchle is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Finance Practice Area in Zurich. He joined the Firm in 2011 as a trainee lawyer and later rejoined as an associate. Prior to his return, Yves worked as an associate lecturer and research assistant at the University of Zurich, where he was a member of the University Research Priority Program "Financial Market Regulation." He was awarded the Professor Walther Hug Prize and the Issekutz Prize for his dissertation in the field of bank resolution. He completed a four-month full-time secondment with UBS, further developing his knowledge in the areas of bank regulation and capital markets.
Yves' practice focuses on debt and equity capital markets as well as financial services regulation. He regularly represents issuers and underwriters on capital market transactions such as initial public offerings (IPOs), capital increases and high yield bonds. He also advises domestic and international clients on public takeovers and on compliance with securities laws. Furthermore, Yves represents financial intermediaries on regulatory matters and advises on the particular challenges posed by fintech business models. Yves regularly publishes articles in his fields of practice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised SCHMOLZ+BICKENBACH on all legal aspects of its CHF 325 million recapitalization through a rights offering, including the development and assessment of different recapitalization concepts, negotiations with shareholders, investors, and other stakeholders, as well as preparing, obtaining and enforcing regulatory clearance from regulatory bodies (Takeover Board and FINMA).
- Represented Implantica on its cross-border IPO and listing on Nasdaq First North Premier.
- Represented SIX-listed Zur Rose Group on its accelerated bookbuilding leading to a CHF 213 million capital increase.
- Represented Zur Rose Group on the issuance of its CHF 175 million 2.75% convertible bonds due 2025 and its CHF 200 million 2.5% bonds due 2024.
- Represented Basilea Pharmaceuticals on its partial repurchase offer of existing convertible bonds and issuance of new convertible bonds.
- Advised Nielsen on its USD 1.75 billion senior notes offering.
- Acted as local and international counsel for SCHMOLZ+BICKENBACH on its 2017 initial issuance and its 2018 tap issuance of EUR 350 million 5.625% high yield bonds due 2022.
- Advised BrickMark on the largest ever real estate transaction paid in tokens of a volume of over CHF 130 million.
- Represented the banking syndicate consisting of Berenberg, Zürcher Kantonalbank and Raiffeisen Centrobank on the IPO of Aluflexpack.
- Acted as transaction counsel in the IPO of Varia US Properties, its subsequent inaugural issuance of 3.0% bonds due 2023, its 2017 rights offering and its 2020 Private Investments in Public Equity (PIPE) placement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- HSG Alumni - Member
- CEIBS Alumni - Member
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Switzerland (2013)
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur. / PhD) (summa cum laude, Professor Walther Hug Prize, Issekutz Prize) (2017)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Accounting & Finance) (2015)
- University of St. Gallen (M.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2012)
- China Europe International Business School, Shanghai (MBA Exchange Student) (2010)
- University of St. Gallen (B.A. HSG Law & Economics) (2009)
- University of Geneva (Certificate in Transnational Law) (2008)
- Author, "Die neue Finanzmarktarchitektur – Das Wichtigste aus FIDLEG und FINIG," Berne 2020, § 2 (co-authored) and § 7
- Author, "Bail-in bei systemrelevanten Banken," in: 14 Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (2019) 244–259
- Co-author, "The New Swiss Fintech License," in: International Briefings: Switzerland, in: Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, 354–356, May 2019
- Author, "Blockchain und Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) – eine neue Ära?," schulthess manager handbuch 2018/2019, 231–238
- Author, "Bail-In and Total Loss-Absorbing Capacity (TLAC) – Legal and Economic Perspectives on Bank Resolution with Functional Comparisons of Swiss and EU Law," Wolters Kluwer International Banking and Finance Law Series, Vol. 32, ISBN 978-90-411-8998-1
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.