Representative Legal Matters
In her former capacity as a lawyer at Yodoyabashi & Yamagami Legal Professional Corporation, she was involved in a number of notable transactions:
- Represented a listed Japanese company in acquiring a business from the Japanese arm of a US franchise chain.
- Assisted a listed Japanese company with its due diligence and acquisition scheme related to its acquisition of a Hong Kong-listed Cayman Islands company.
- Represented a listed Japanese company on its joint venture with a Thai company in Thailand.
- Assisted a Japanese company on the drafting and establishment of a joint venture agreement in Singapore with a local company.
- Represented a borrower in a rent abatement claim in relation to a sublease agreement at the Japan Supreme Court. Successfully won the case by reversing and remanding the judgment.
- Represented a major Japanese bank charged with allegedly breaching the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade and its obligation to disclose information regarding the sale of securitized products.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2011)
- Japan (2005)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.) (2010)
- The Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan (Supreme Court of Japan) (2005)
- Kyoto University (LL.B.) (2003)
Speaker, "Franchising in Vietnam," Baker McKenzie, January 2013
Moderator, "International trade, investment law and merger and acquisition regulations in Vietnam," May 2012