Representative Legal Matters
Advised a listed Japanese garage shutter manufacturer on its acquisition of an Australian manufacturer through an auction process using warranty and indemnity insurance.
Advised a Chinese private investment fund on its acquisition of a Japanese machinery manufacturer with several foreign subsidiaries through an auction process using warranty and indemnity insurance.
Advised a listed Japanese steel manufacturer on its establishment of a joint venture in Thailand with a global steel manufacturer.
Advised a Japanese trading company on its acquisition of a South African company holding mining rights through a SPC in Cayman.
Advised a major Japanese real estate developer on its acquisition of a premier office building located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam through a Hong Kong-based holding company.
Advised a major Japanese IT service provider on its acquisition of a Vietnamese financial services company that provides online payment intermediary services.
Advised a major Japanese steel company on its establishment of a joint venture company in Vietnam with a Vietnamese state-owned company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Dai-ichi Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2011)
- Japan (2005)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M.) (2010)
- Kyoto University (LL.B.) (2003)
- Speaker, "M&A practices in Vietnam," Financial Management Forums, Inc., January 2018
- Speaker, "Legal framework of franchising in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam," Japan Franchise Chain Association, January 2018
- Speaker, "Foreign Investment in Vietnam, Impact of New Law on Investment and Law on Enterprises," Baker McKenzie, May 2015