Rita Marchetti joined Baker McKenzie in 2000 and currently is a counsel in the Real Estate Practice Group. She is admitted to practice in Italy and in the state of New York.
Ms. Marchetti’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate issues as well as commercial transactions with a special focus on the hotels, restaurants and tourism industry and real estate transactions. As a corporate and M&A lawyer, she has represented US-based, European and other multinationals in a broad range of M&A transactions in such diverse industries as automotive products, consumer electronics, fashion products, home appliances and fixtures, gaming, medical products and devices and hotels and real estate.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a foreign multinational in forming a joint venture, through the acquisition of a 50 percent equity investment in a company owning a high-end luxury estate located in Tuscany, composed of a hotel, a burgh, villas and a golf course.
- Advised a French insurance company in the acquisition of a hotel resort located in the Piedemont Region, currently leased to Club Mediterranee SA.
- Advised a Russian investor in the acquisition (through a share deal) of the Forte Village Hotel & Resort in Sardinia.
- Assisted Statuto Group in the start-up of the new Hotel Mandarin in Milan.
- Assisted a global ultra-luxury hotel brand in connection with the negotiation of hotel management agreements in Italy.
- Advised real estate funds in the negotiation of lease agreements with Burberry and Hermes for their flagship stores in the fashion district of Milan.
- Assisted major global fashion groups in their roll-out in Italy, including the opening of over 40 stores in high streets, outlets and shopping centers throughout Italy.
- Advised a French multinational cosmetic group in the unification in one single site of its industrial plan, warehouse and offices in the area of Milan. The deal included a lease conditional upon the realization by the owner of substantial works on the property before the handover and work to be completed by Albea following the handover.
- Advised a major multinational IT group in the renegotiation of the lease agreement for its office building in the Milan area.
- Assisted a US chemical group in the negotiation of the construction and delivery of its new headquarters in the Milan area.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milan Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Italian Association of Real Estate Lawyers (AGIDI)
- New York~United States (2003)
- Italy (2001)
- New York University School of Law (LL.M. Corporate Law Fulbright Scholar) (2003)
- University Degli Studi of Milan (J.D. cum laude) (1998)