Representative Legal Matters
- Advised banks and fund managers on regulatory aspects of fund distribution, including new AIFMD rules.
- Advised Meiji Yasuda, a convertible bond holder, in the IPO of Talanx AG.
- Advised Schuler Beteilgungen GmbH in the divestiture of its interest in Schuler AG to Andritz AG (followed by a public tender offer).
- Advised foreign fund managers on EU short-selling regulation.
- Advised UBS AG in the financing of the takeover of Roth & Rau AG by Meyer-Burger AG.
- Advised Yorkville Advisors in several standby equity transactions involving listed issuers (Medigene AG, Sygnis Pharma AG, Magforce AG, ItN Nanovation AG).
- Advised Southeastern Asset Management in the takeover of Hochtief AG by ACS.
- Regulatory advice to the leasing subsidiary of a large computer manufacturer, particularly organisational duties and matters of outsourcing.
- Advised SKW Metallurgie AG in its rights offering.
- Advise to an international fashion retailer in obtaining an e-money license for its prepaid card system and on resulting regulatory obligations, including anti-money laundering compliance.
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Banking and Finance Law, Capital Markets Law, Corporate Law, Financial Institutions since 2019
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1996)
- Germany (1991)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Dr. jur.) (1991)
- University of Illinois (LL.M.) (1986)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Referendar Exam) (1983)
- Co-author (with Weitnauer/Boxberger/Anders), "KAGB (Capital Investment Code)," C.H. Beck, 2014
- Co-author (with Simpson/Smith/ Srivastava), "International Guide to Money Laundering Law and Practice," 4rth ed., Bloomsbury, 2014
- Author, "M&A und Corporate Finance von A-Z (M&A and Corporate Finance from A-Z)," CH Beck, 2nd Ed. 2010
- Co-editor and author, "Deilmann/Lorenz, Die börsen¬notierte Aktiengesellschaft (The listed stock corporation)," CH Beck, 2005
- Co-author, "Are You AIFMD Ready?" July 2014
- Co-author, "SEPA Implementation," September 2013
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.