Representative Legal Matters
- Advised banks and fund managers on regulatory aspects of fund distribution, including new AIFMD rules.
- Advised Meiji Yasuda, a convertible bond holder, in the IPO of Talanx AG.
- Advised Schuler Beteilgungen GmbH in the divestiture of its interest in Schuler AG to Andritz AG (followed by a public tender offer).
- Advised foreign fund managers on EU short-selling regulation.
- Advised UBS AG in the financing of the takeover of Roth & Rau AG by Meyer-Burger AG.
- Advised Yorkville Advisors in several standby equity transactions involving listed issuers (Medigene AG, Sygnis Pharma AG, Magforce AG, ItN Nanovation AG).
- Advised Southeastern Asset Management in the takeover of Hochtief AG by ACS.
- Regulatory advice to the leasing subsidiary of a large computer manufacturer, particularly organisational duties and matters of outsourcing.
- Advised SKW Metallurgie AG in its rights offering.
- Advise to an international fashion retailer in obtaining an e-money license for its prepaid card system and on resulting regulatory obligations, including anti-money laundering compliance.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for corporate law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1996)
- Germany (1991)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Dr. jur.) (1991)
- University of Illinois (LL.M.) (1986)
- University of Frankfurt/M. (Referendar Exam) (1983)
Co-author (with Weitnauer/Boxberger/Anders), "KAGB (Capital Investment Code)," C.H. Beck, 2014
Co-author (with Simpson/Smith/ Srivastava), "International Guide to Money Laundering Law and Practice," 4rth ed., Bloomsbury, 2014
Author, "M&A und Corporate Finance von A-Z (M&A and Corporate Finance from A-Z)," CH Beck, 2nd Ed. 2010
Co-editor and author, "Deilmann/Lorenz, Die börsen¬notierte Aktiengesellschaft (The listed stock corporation)," CH Beck, 2005
Lecturer at the Institute for Law and Finance at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University (Frankfurt am Main)