Andrew Lockhart heads the Banking and Finance Practice Group in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore and Vietnam. He is regularly named in the Euromoney Legal Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal: Aviation Lawyers, and is ranked among the highly recommended lawyers by PLC Which lawyer? and Chambers Global in the field of banking and finance. Andrew is also top-ranked by Chambers Asia Pacific in the area of aircraft finance and by Legal 500 Asia Pacific in the areas of banking and finance and asset finance. He has also been named a leading lawyer for banking and finance by IFLR 1000.
Andrew focuses his practice on asset and structured finance matters. He regularly advises airlines, aircraft manufacturers, financial institutions, arrangers and equity participants on a wide variety of asset financing and structured financing transactions. He also deals with banking regulatory and advisory matters, including bank mergers and acquisitions.
- Acting for Thai Airways International in relation to their rehabilitation proceedings
- Acting for Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation in relation to a Term Loan Facility to Cathay Pacific Airways for the acquisition of one Airbus A350-1000 aircraft
- Acting for the private bank division of a leading US bank in the financing of various private jets, including Bombardier Global 7500, Airbus A319CJ, Bombardier Global 6000 and Gulfstream G650ER Aircraft
- Acting for a leading Asian financier in relation to finance leases of Gulfstream G550, Bombardier Global 5000 and Dassault Falcon 2000LXS Aircraft
- Acting for a leading US financier in relation to finance leases of Dassault Falcon 7X, Dassault Falcon 900LX and Gulfstream G550 Aircraft
- Acting for Bank of China in relation to a USD 200 million Revolving and Term Loan Facility to Cathay Pacific Airways
- Acting for The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited in relation to a HKD 1.5 billion Revolving Loan Facility to Cathay Pacific Airways
- Acting for Bank of China in relation to a Term Loan Facility to Cathay Pacific Airways for the acquisition of two Airbus A350-1000 aircraft
- Acting for Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in relation to a JPY 3 billion Term Loan Facility to Cathay Pacific Airways
- Acting for Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in relation to USD 100 million Term Loan Facility to Cathay Pacific Airways
- 英格兰和威尔士 (1992)
- 香港 (1992)
- Cambridge University (法学硕士) (1988)
- University of Auckland (法学学士, Honors) (1986)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.