Representative Legal Matters
Abbott in its agreement with Tandem Diabetes Care to develop and commercialize integrated diabetes solutions that combine Abbott's FreeStyle Libre continuous glucose monitoring technology with Tandem's insulin delivery products to provide options to simplify and tailor diabetes management.
GSK Consumer Healthcare in its collaboration with Mammoth Biosciences to develop a rapid, handheld CRISPR-based test to detect novel coronavirus infections.
Galapagos in its collaboration with Ryvu Therapeutics focused on the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs in inflammation.
Abbott in its collaboration with Insulet to integrate next-generation glucose sensing and automated insulin delivery technologies.
CytoSorbents in its agreement with China Medical System to bring CytoSorb® to mainland China to treat critically-ill patients with COVID-19 coronavirus infection.
AbbVie in the expansion of its TriTAC discovery collaboration agreement with Harpoon.
AbbVie in its exclusive license agreement with Disc Medicine granting worldwide rights to a series of hemojuvelin antagonist monoclonal antibodies.
Abbott in its collaboration with Omada Health to offer an integrated digital health and coaching experience for people with type 2 diabetes.
Mithra in its landmark license and supply agreement with Mayne Pharma for Estelle® in the United States, for license fees of at least USD 295 million and a 9.6% equity stake across two tranches.
Galapagos in its transformative USD 5.1 billion research and development collaboration with Gilead.
- Dealmakers Award to Baker McKenzie Life Sciences Group, NJLJ Professional Excellence, 2020
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR 1000, 2020
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers New Jersey, 2020
- Rising Star, Healthcare: Life Sciences, The Legal 500 United States, 2019
- Certified Licensing Professional, 2008-2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- New York~United States
- New Jersey~United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States
- New York University (MBA with distinction) (2012)
- New York University School of Law (JD) (2012)
- Rutgers University (BS Chemical Engineering with Highest Honors) (1996)
- Author, "Perfect Partners: How pharma and biotech can get the best out of licensing and collaborations," Intellectual Property Magazine, April 2020
- Author, "Secondary Markets for Private Company Shares: Marketplace Overview and Predictive Capability," Glucksman Fellowship Program Student Research Reports, April 2012
- Author, "A Cost Conscious Approach to Patent Application Filings," les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 41, No.2, pp. 115-119, June 2006 (reprinted in 2007 in modified form in Intellectual Property Management in Health and Agricultural Innovation: A Handbook of Best Practices)
- Author, "Valuing and Monetizing IP Using Existing Organizational Structures," les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 39, No.1, pp. 9-15, March 2004
- Contributor, "Resource Manual for Bioprospecting," Public Interest Intellectual Property Advisors (PIIPA) Web Resource, October 2004 (updated in 2013)
- Author, "Investigation of At-Risk Patent Filings," Journal of the Association of University Technology Managers, Vol. 14, pp. 19-29, 2002 (reprinted in the October 2003 issue of Industry and Higher Education)