Representative Legal Matters
Vividion Therapeutics (a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG) in its strategic collaboration with Tavros Therapeutics to discover and enhance targeted oncology programs, including an upfront of USD 17.5 million, up to USD 430.5 million in milestone payments for four initial programs, and, if Vividion exercises its opt-in for up to five more targets, up to USD 482 million in additional payments.
Bristol-Myers Squibb in its research collaboration with SyntheX to discover and develop targeted protein degradation therapeutics, under which SyntheX will receive an upfront and is eligible for up to USD 550 million in performance-based milestone payments, as well as royalties on global net sales.
Astellas in its worldwide strategic collaboration with Sutro Biopharma to advance novel immunostimulatory antibody-drug conjugates (iADCs) under which Sutro will receive an upfront cash payment of USD 90 million and may be eligible to receive up to USD 422.5 million in milestones for each product candidate plus tiered royalties.
Galapagos in its acquisition of Cellpoint (including its decentralized point-of-care manufacturing model for CAR-T therapy) for an upfront amount of EUR 125 million, with milestone payments up to EUR 100 million.
Bristol Myers Squibb in its strategic collaboration with Amphista Therapeutics for discovery and development of targeted protein degradation therapeutics, including an upfront payment of USD 30 million, the potential for up to USD 1.25 billion in milestone and other payments, as well as royalties on global net sales of product.
Abbott in its partnership with CamDiab and Ypsomed for a new automated insulin delivery system for people living with diabetes.
L'Oréal in its strategic partnership with Verily to advance precision skin health.
Astellas in its strategic research collaboration with FIMECS to discover protein degraders against multiple targets.
Merck Sharp & Dohme in its collaboration and option agreement with ONSSI.
Bayer in its acquisition of drug discovery company Vividion Therapeutics for USD 1.5 billion upfront and up to USD 500 million in success-based milestone payments.
- Leading Life Sciences Lawyer, Licensing & Collaboration, LMG Life Sciences, 2021/22, 2022/23
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers New Jersey, 2020-2022
- Shortlisted for Innovative Lawyers Award Asia-Pacific, Practice of Law - Healthcare, to Baker McKenzie Healthcare & Life Sciences Group on COVID-19 Response, FT 2021
- IFLR Europe M&A Deal of the Year 2020, European Lifestars Deal of the Year 2019 (> GBP 500 million), and Best M&A Award Large-Cap Corporate Deal 2019 (Belgium) for the Galapagos - Gilead collaboration
- Dealmakers Award to Baker McKenzie Life Sciences Group, NJLJ Professional Excellence, 2020
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR 1000, 2020
- Rising Star, Healthcare: Life Sciences, The Legal 500 United States, 2019
- Certified Licensing Professional, 2008-2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- New York~United States
- New Jersey~United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States
- New York University (MBA, with distinction) (2012)
- New York University School of Law (JD) (2012)
- Rutgers University (BS Chemical Engineering, with Highest Honors) (1996)
- Presenter, "Masterclass: Moving up the value chain: Out-licensing and collaboration agreement tactics," LSX Investival Showcase, November 2022
- Author, "Life Sciences Collaboration and Licence Agreements: Planning for Divorce," ILO Healthcare & Life Sciences Newsletter, January 19, 2022
- Presenter, "Masterclass: Partnering & Licensing," LSX Investival Showcase, November 2021
- Author, "Perfect Partners: How Pharma and Biotech Can Get the Best Out of Licensing and Collaborations," Intellectual Property Magazine, April 2020
- Author, "Secondary Markets for Private Company Shares: Marketplace Overview and Predictive Capability," Glucksman Fellowship Program Student Research Reports, April 2012
- Author, "A Cost Conscious Approach to Patent Application Filings," les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 41, No.2, pp. 115-119, June 2006 (reprinted in 2007 in modified form in Intellectual Property Management in Health and Agricultural Innovation: A Handbook of Best Practices)