Representative Legal Matters
CytoSorbents in its global co-marketing agreement with B. Braun to promote the OMNI® continuous blood purification platform with CytoSorb®.
MyoKardia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bristol Myers Squibb, in its research collaboration with Avidity Biosciences to demonstrate the potential utility of AOCs in cardiac tissue.
argenx in its strategic collaboration for efgartigimod in greater China, including USD 75 million in upfront Zai Lab equity and USD 100 million in near-term milestone and other payments.
Abbott in its agreement with eMed for the delivery and administration of Abbott's BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 test for virtually guided at-home use.
Galapagos in its new commercialization and development agreement with Gilead for Jyseleca® (filgotinib) under which Galapagos assumes sole responsibility for Europe
Abbott in its collaboration with Supersapiens to advance Abbott's Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biosensor, which is designed to help athletes better understand the correlation between their glucose levels and their athletic performance.
BeiGene in its exclusive license agreement with Singlomics (Beijing DanXu) Biopharmaceuticals to develop, manufacture and commercialize Singlomics’ investigational anti-COVID-19 antibodies globally outside of greater China.
CytoSorbents in its collaboration with Terumo Cardiovascular to commercialize CytoSorb® in ten US hotspot states under the FDA's Emergency Use Authorization for COVID-19.
CytoSorbents in its agreements with InvoSurg and Surgical Partners to commercialize CytoSorb® in the US Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Florida under the FDA's Emergency Use Authorization for COVID-19.
Abbott in its agreement with Tandem Diabetes Care to develop and commercialize integrated diabetes solutions that combine Abbott's FreeStyle Libre continuous glucose monitoring technology with Tandem's insulin delivery products to provide options to simplify and tailor diabetes management.
- Shortlisted for Innovative Lawyers Award Asia-Pacific, Practice of Law - Healthcare, to Baker McKenzie Healthcare & Life Sciences Group on COVID-19 Response, FT 2021
- IFLR Europe M&A Deal of the Year 2020, European Lifestars Deal of the Year 2019 (> GBP 500 million), and Best M&A Award Large-Cap Corporate Deal 2019 (Belgium) for the Galapagos - Gilead collaboration
- Dealmakers Award to Baker McKenzie Life Sciences Group, NJLJ Professional Excellence, 2020
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR 1000, 2020
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers New Jersey, 2020-2021
- Rising Star, Healthcare: Life Sciences, The Legal 500 United States, 2019
- Certified Licensing Professional, 2008-2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- New York~United States
- New Jersey~United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States
- New York University (MBA, with distinction) (2012)
- New York University School of Law (JD) (2012)
- Rutgers University (BS Chemical Engineering, with Highest Honors) (1996)
- Author, "Perfect Partners: How pharma and biotech can get the best out of licensing and collaborations," Intellectual Property Magazine, April 2020
- Author, "Secondary Markets for Private Company Shares: Marketplace Overview and Predictive Capability," Glucksman Fellowship Program Student Research Reports, April 2012
- Author, "A Cost Conscious Approach to Patent Application Filings," les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 41, No.2, pp. 115-119, June 2006 (reprinted in 2007 in modified form in Intellectual Property Management in Health and Agricultural Innovation: A Handbook of Best Practices)
- Author, "Valuing and Monetizing IP Using Existing Organizational Structures," les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 39, No.1, pp. 9-15, March 2004
- Contributor, "Resource Manual for Bioprospecting," Public Interest Intellectual Property Advisors (PIIPA) Web Resource, October 2004 (updated in 2013)
- Author, "Investigation of At-Risk Patent Filings," Journal of the Association of University Technology Managers, Vol. 14, pp. 19-29, 2002 (reprinted in the October 2003 issue of Industry and Higher Education)