Representative Legal Matters
Bristol Myers Squibb in its strategic collaboration with Amphista Therapeutics for discovery and development of targeted protein degradation therapeutics, including an upfront payment of USD 30 million, the potential for up to USD 1.25 billion in milestone and other payments, as well as royalties on global net sales of product.
Abbott in its partnership with CamDiab and Ypsomed for a new automated insulin delivery system for people living with diabetes.
L'Oréal in its strategic partnership with Verily to advance precision skin health.
Astellas in its strategic research collaboration with FIMECS to discover protein degraders against multiple targets.
Merck in its collaboration and option agreement with ONSSI.
Bayer in its acquisition of drug discovery company Vividion Therapeutics for USD 1.5 billion upfront and up to USD 500 million in success-based milestone payments.
Astellas in its license agreement with ExCellThera for the in vitro use of certain molecules in the field of pluripotent stem cells (PSCs) and PSC-derived cells.
MIMETAS in its collaboration with Roche to develop human disease models for drug development.
CytoSorbents in its global co-marketing agreement with B. Braun to promote the OMNI® continuous blood purification platform with CytoSorb®.
MyoKardia, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bristol Myers Squibb, in its research collaboration with Avidity Biosciences to demonstrate the potential utility of AOCs in cardiac tissue.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers New Jersey, 2020-2022
- Life Sciences Star, Licensing & Collaboration, LMG Life Sciences, 2021
- Shortlisted for Innovative Lawyers Award Asia-Pacific, Practice of Law - Healthcare, to Baker McKenzie Healthcare & Life Sciences Group on COVID-19 Response, FT 2021
- IFLR Europe M&A Deal of the Year 2020, European Lifestars Deal of the Year 2019 (> GBP 500 million), and Best M&A Award Large-Cap Corporate Deal 2019 (Belgium) for the Galapagos - Gilead collaboration
- Dealmakers Award to Baker McKenzie Life Sciences Group, NJLJ Professional Excellence, 2020
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR 1000, 2020
- Rising Star, Healthcare: Life Sciences, The Legal 500 United States, 2019
- Certified Licensing Professional, 2008-2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- New York~United States
- New Jersey~United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States
- New York University (MBA, with distinction) (2012)
- New York University School of Law (JD) (2012)
- Rutgers University (BS Chemical Engineering, with Highest Honors) (1996)
- Author, "Life Sciences Collaboration and Licence Agreements: Planning for Divorce," ILO Healthcare & Life Sciences Newsletter, January 19, 2022
- Presenter, "Masterclass: Partnering & Licensing," LSX Investival Showcase, November 2021
- Author, "Perfect Partners: How Pharma and Biotech Can Get the Best Out of Licensing and Collaborations," Intellectual Property Magazine, April 2020
- Author, "Secondary Markets for Private Company Shares: Marketplace Overview and Predictive Capability," Glucksman Fellowship Program Student Research Reports, April 2012
- Author, "A Cost Conscious Approach to Patent Application Filings," les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 41, No.2, pp. 115-119, June 2006 (reprinted in 2007 in modified form in Intellectual Property Management in Health and Agricultural Innovation: A Handbook of Best Practices)
- Author, "Valuing and Monetizing IP Using Existing Organizational Structures," les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 39, No.1, pp. 9-15, March 2004