Representative Legal Matters
Galapagos in its transformative USD 5.1 billion research and development collaboration with Gilead
- H. Lundbeck A/S in its acquisition of Abide Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on multiple indications in neurology and psychiatry, for USD 250 million upfront and up to an additional USD 150 million in development and sales milestones.
Prior to joining the Firm, Oren provided counsel to the following:
Astellas in its global commercialization agreement with Seattle Genetics Inc. to commercialize enfortumab vedotin.
Merck in its up to USD 5.76 billion strategic collaboration with Eisai Co. Ltd. for the worldwide co-development and co-commercialization of Eisai's Lenvima (lenvatinib mesylate).
Celgene in its global immuno-oncology collaboration with BeiGene to advance PD-1 inhibitor program for solid tumor cancers.
AbbVie in its strategic collaboration with Alector to develop and commercialize medicines for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative disorders.
Regeneron in its clinical collaboration with ISA Pharmaceuticals B.V., with ISA receiving an upfront payment and an equity investment in exchange for an option for an exclusive global license.
Takeda in its collaboration with Ultragenyx to develop and commercialize therapies for rare genetic diseases.
Incyte its global strategic collaboration with Merus for the research, discovery, development and commercialization of bispecific antibodies with a focus on immuno-oncology.
Amarin in its collaboration agreement with Mochida Pharmaceutical for the development and commercialization of drug products based on the omega-3 acid, EPA, to treat patients at risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Rising Star Healthcare: Life Sciences, The Legal 500 United States, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- New York~United States
- New Jersey~United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office~United States
- New York University (MBA with distinction) (2012)
- New York University School of Law (JD) (2012)
- Rutgers University (BS Chemical Engineering with Highest Honors) (1996)
- Author, "Secondary Markets for Private Company Shares: Marketplace Overview and Predictive Capability,” Glucksman Fellowship Program Student Research Reports, April 2012
- Author, "A Cost Conscious Approach to Patent Application Filings,” les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 41, No.2, pp. 115-119, June 2006 (reprinted in 2007 in modified form in Intellectual Property Management in Health and Agricultural Innovation: A Handbook of Best Practices)
- Author, “Valuing and Monetizing IP Using Existing Organizational Structures,” les Nouvelles, Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, Vol. 39, No.1, pp. 9-15, March 2004
- Contributor, “Resource Manual for Bioprospecting,” Public Interest Intellectual Property Advisors (PIIPA) Web Resource, October 2004 (updated in 2013)
- Author, “Investigation of At-Risk Patent Filings,” Journal of the Association of University Technology Managers, Vol. 14, pp. 19-29, 2002 (reprinted in the October 2003 issue of Industry and Higher Education)