Christina Lee practices mainly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and corporate compliance. She graduated from the University of New South Wales with a B.Comm. and an LL.B. Ms. Lee is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and a solicitor and barrister in the Australian Capital Territory.
Ms. Lee regularly handles public and private mergers and acquisitions, as well as takeovers and securities offerings in Hong Kong. Her practice also involves compliance and advisory work for listed companies in Hong Kong as well as general commercial work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd. in relation to its subscription of a controlling interest in Varitronix International Limited (Stock Code 710). (2016)
- Advising Sino Credit Holdings Limited (Stock Code 628) in relation to its issuance of new shares representing 75 percent of its enlarged issued share capital to various investors including GOME. (2016)
- Advising China Jiuhao Health Industry Corporation Limited (Stock Code 419) on the issuance of 6,837,619,860 Subscription Shares for raising gross proceeds of HKD547 million. (2015)
- Advised Reorient Group Limited (Stock Code 316) in connection with YFHL Financial Holdings Limited acquiring control in the company through subscription of new shares for a total amount of approximately HKD3.9 billion. (2015)
- Advised Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited (Stock Code 3377) on its connected joint venture investment (with initial investment amount of approximately HKD1.3 billion) with Nan Fung International Holdings Limited in the development by MTRC of Lohas Park Package Six Property Development (located in Tseung Kwan O). (2015)
- Advised Chinese Estates Holdings Limited (Stock Code 127) on a major and connected disposal of its subsidiaries which held the landmark property "The One" in TST to Mr. Lau Luen-hung. (2015)
- Advised Pacific Andes International Holdings Limited (Stock Code 1174) on its 3-tiered rights issues. PAIH raised approximately HKD410 million proceeds, which was applied to fund the rights issue of its Singapore listed subsidiary Pacific Andes Resources Limited. The proceeds derived from the PARD rights issue was in turn applied to fund the rights issue of its Singapore listed subsidiary, China Fisheries Group Limited. (2014-2015)
- Advised Alibaba Pictures Group Limited (Stock Code 1060) on the issuance of over 60% new shares to Alibaba Investment Limited for a total consideration of HKD6.24 billion. Whitewash waiver granted. (2014)
- Advised Pacific Andes International Holding Limited (Stock Code 1174) in relation to the acquisition of controlling stake in Copeinca ASA (a company listed on Olso BØrs and Lima Stock Exchange) through its subsidiary China Fishery Group Limited (Aggregate deal size of approximately USD556 million). (2012 to 2013)
- Advised Samling Global Limited (Stock Code 3938) (delisted) on its privatization by way of a member's scheme pursuant to an offer from its controlling shareholder and its privatization of Lingui Developments Berhad and Glenealy Plantations (Malaya) Berhad (being its subsidiary and associated companies listed on Bursa Malaysia) (with total deal size of over USD400 million). (2012)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong (2000)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1997)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Commerce) (1996)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B.) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.