Will is a senior associate in the Baker McKenzie Dispute Resolution team based in London. He is a member of the office's Arbitration and Regulatory, Public and Media Law sub-practice groups, and the Global Healthcare Industry Group.
Will advises clients on commercial litigation, international arbitration, and public procurement and administrative law challenges.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for Tradition Financial Services, a broker of financial products, in defending a "dishonest assistance" claim in the Financial List of the High Court. The claim relates to an alleged VAT fraud involving the trading of EU carbon credits.
- Acting for a record label on a joint venture dispute worth multiple millions of pounds.
- Acting for an outsourcing company on the public procurement of a long-term contract to deliver training services to the armed forces.
- Acting for a Russian developer of a large-scale warehousing and logistics park in Moscow in LCIA arbitration proceedings against a Russian seller of mobile telephone handsets, for the enforcement of a parent-company guarantee.
- Acting for a Czech company, against the Republic of Poland in a bilateral investment-treaty claim under the 2010 UNCITRAL rules, relating to the gambling sector.
- Acting for a company that provides vehicle monitoring and enforcement services, in an arbitration under the 2013 UNCITRAL rules against a Saudi operator of speed cameras.
- Acting for Andanza Technologies, a Spanish technology company, in a claim valued at USD 200 million in the English Technology and Construction Court against a number of defendants for breach of a contract for the supply and set up of a technology platform.
- Advising a provider of oncology services, on the launch of a diagnostic breast cancer test in the UK, including in relation to the negotiation of an innovative pricing structure, and the potential judicial review of an NHS England funding decision.
- Advising a manufacturer of high-tech surgical equipment on EU public procurement procedures and challenges, particularly in relation to the issues of direct contract awards and negotiations with contracting authorities before, during and after a tender process.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group - Member
- Club Español de Arbitraje - Member
- Association of British Healthcare Industry's Legal Issues and Compliance Committee - Member
- Will regularly volunteers at the Legal Advice Centre in Bethnal Green where he advises members of the community on legal problems on a pro bono basis.
- Will is a founding member of the Baker McKenzie HeForShe Campaign, and is active in the London office's gender equality initiatives.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2015)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice Course) (2013)
- College of Law at London (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2012)
- University College London (BA in History) (2010)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.