Melanie Howard is an M&A partner in Baker McKenzie’s office in London. She joined the Firm in 2017, having spent over a decade at a Magic Circle firm.
Melanie is experienced in advising corporate, private equity and investment banking clients on complex domestic and cross-border public and private M&A, takeover code issues, securities law and the listing rules, corporate and acquisition financing structures.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Melanie has handled the following significant matters:
- Advised AB Inbev in relation to its business combination with SABMiller.
- Advised Skyepharma PLC on its merger with Vectura Group plc.
- Advised one of the world's largest snacks companies on the combination of its global coffee business with a major tea and coffee producer, to form the world’s leading pure play coffee company, with revenue in excess of GBP 5 billion.
- Counseled a large global bank on the disposal of interests in a major music label to another recording company for EUR 1.2 billion, and the music publishing business to a consortium and a multinational electronics, gaming, entertainment and financial services conglomerate for USD 2.2 billion.
- Advised a multinational food and beverage company on its GBP 11.9 billion successful offer to a multinational confectionery company.
- Advised a major bank on the sale of its European locomotive and electric passenger train leasing business to Alpha Trains.
- Advised Abertis on the sale of Luton Airport, and on the sale of airport assets in Europe and the US to ADC & HAS Airports Worldwide.
- Advised Meggitt on its acquisition of Pacific Scientific Aerospace from Danaher Corporation and an equity placing of USD 250 million.
- Advised E. Stanley Kroenke in connection with his recommended mandatory cash offer for Arsenal Holdings, the holding company of Arsenal football club.
- Advised Brixton on the successful takeover of Brixton by SEGRO.
- Victoria~Australia (2003)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.