Mag. Alexander Hofmann joined Baker McKenzie's IPTech Practice Group in the Vienna office as an associate in February 2022. Prior to joining the Firm, Alexander studied law at the University of Vienna and subsequently completed his court clerkship in the jurisdiction of the Vienna Higher Regional Court. Thereafter, Alexander worked as an associate in a well-known Vienna law firm in the area of dispute resolution with a focus on IP/IT, where he gained wide practical experience. In December 2020, Alexander passed the bar exam with honors.
Alexander advises international and domestic clients in the area of intellectual property and related litigation, including, in particular, trademark, copyright and unfair competition.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, he participated in advising (inter alia)
- several well-known Austrian non-profit associations in various, also litigious trademark matters.
- a well-known Austrian provider of cloud software solutions (SaaS) regarding the drafting of general terms and conditions and accompanying contracts.
- an international gaming group in the course of the due diligence review of a share acquisition in another well-known gaming company with regard to IP and litigation issues.
- a well-known Slovenian company in the course of provisional proceedings in connection with the drawing of bank guarantees as collateral for unpaid rental payments of an international cinema operator during the Corona pandemic.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Vienna Bar Association (RAK Wien) - Member
- Austria (2022)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2017)
- Author, "Neues Leistungsschutzrecht: Kein taugliches Instrument zur Presseförderung," Der Standard, BLOG: IT-RECHT ENTSCHLÜSSELT, 12 August 2022
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.