Agnes Herwig rejoined Baker McKenzie's Frankfurt office as a senior associate in February 2022 after she worked as an in-house lawyer at one of the world's leading quick commerce companies. She was recognized as Ones to Watch lawyer (Anwälte der Zukunft) for Labor and Employment Law by Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt 2021. Initially, Agnes joined Baker McKenzie in 2016. She is a member of the Firm's European and Global Employment & Compensation Group as well as the Global Immigration & Mobility Group.
Agnes advises companies on all labor and employment-related matters, particularly on employment agreements and service contracts for executives, employee benefits and compensation as well as employment litigation. She also provides legal support to companies in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and works council issues. Agnes also advises on global mobility topics in the field of employment, social security and immigration law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised software company SAP SE on its divestment of the SAP Digital Interconnect Business to Sinch AB, coordinating employment advice from 20 jurisdictions.
- Advised pharmaceutical and life science company Bayer AG on employment law related questions in connection with its divestment of its Currenta shares to Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
- Advised Swiss construction chemicals group Sika AG on the acquisition of MBCC Group, coordinating employment advice from over 40 jurisdictions.
- Regularly advising international companies to facilitate the mobility of foreign employees to and from Germany and enabling employees to work from abroad.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Anwälte der Zukunft) for Labor and Employment Law, Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association
- Deutsch-Amerikanische Juristen-Vereinigung e.V.
- Heidelberg Alumni International
- Germany (2017)
- Fachanwältin für Arbeitsrecht (Attorney Specializing in Labor and Employment Law) (2020)
- Higher Regional Court of Dresden (Assessor Exam) (2016)
- University of Heidelberg (Referendar Exam) (2014)
- Co-Author, The Global Employer: Focus on Global Immigration & Mobility 2020-2021, June 2020
- Co-Author, Employee Benefits within the Financial Services Industry: Balancing COVID-19 Relief with EU Remuneration Rules, May 2020
- Co-Author (with Katja Häferer), German Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs Waives Requirement of Prior A1 Certificates for Short Notice and Short-Term Business Trips to Germany, June 2019
- Co-Author, Lexology Outsourcing Navigator, February 2019
- Author, "Flexible Arbeitszeiten: Arbeitgebern drohen Bußgelder," Baker McKenzie Kompass, July 17, 2017
- Author, "EuGH: Kopftuchverbot im privaten Unternehmen Urteil vom 14.3.2017 - C-188/165, IWRZ 2017, 129, June 2017
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.