James is a senior associate in our Corporate Group based in London. He principally advises clients in relation to cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and corporate reorganisations.
James is one of the Firm's leading advisors with respect to warranty and indemnity insurance and related deal-risk products, advising clients on policy placements around the globe.
James has also spent time on secondment to Itochu Corporation in Tokyo and is a regular visitor to Japan.
Representative Legal Matters
Recent projects in which James has been involved include:
- Advising L'Oréal on its EUR 1 billion disposal of The Body Shop to Natura Cosmeticos.
- Advising Daimler Mercedes-Benz on its establishment of a joint venture with Via for the operation of an on-demand shared ride service in Europe.
- Advising Daimler Mercedes-Benz on its acquisition of a c.10% equity interest in technology company, What3Words.
- Advising FedEx on its acquisition of P2P Mailing Ltd, a UK-based leading provider of worldwide e-commerce transportation solutions.
- Advising Cobham plc on the sale of its communications equipment maker, AvComm, and Wireless test businesses, to Viavi Solutions for USD 455 million.
- Advising Vopak on the sale of its interests in the joint venture that owns Thames Oilport and Thames Enterprise Park.
- Advising Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund on the divestment of its stake in Autoroutes Paris-Rhin-Rhône (a French toll-road network) to two long term institutional investors.
- Advising Fiera Infrastructure's global infrastructure fund, EagleCrest, on its acquisition of IslaLink, the Spain-based independent telecom fibre infrastructure platform.
- Advising Itochu Corporation on its potential investment in Project RAPID, a refinery and petrochemical development in Johor State, Malaysia. Total investment for the PETRONAS-led project is approximately USD 27 billion.
- Advising the management team of Audley Capital Advisors LLP on their purchase with Orion Mine Finance of two copper mines in Chile from Anglo American plc for an up-front cash consideration of USD 300 million, with potential additional consideration of up to USD 200 million.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2013)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice Course with distinction) (2010)
- College of Law at London (Graduate Diploma Law with commendation) (2009)
- University of Oxford (BA Theology Hons, Received University Exhibition Award and Undergraduate Academic Scholarship) (2008)