Charles has broad experience in M&A with a particular focus on real estate transactions. He regularly advises domestic and international clients on asset deals, large-scale portfolio transactions, acquisitions of real estate companies as well as on the the financing of real estate portfolios. Related administrative law matters (e.g. Lex Koller and environmental law), general corporate, commercial and contract law as well as tenancy matters also belong to his areas of expertise.
As a bilingual who is native in both French and German, his practice covers both main linguistic parts of Switzerland.
Representative Legal Matters
Charles' experience highlights include advising (while at his prior law firm):
Implenia and Ina Invest on the spin-off, rights offering and listing of Ina Invest Holding on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Coty on the sale of a 60% Interest in its professional and retail hair business valued at USD 4.3 billion to KKR.
Migros-Genossenschafts-Bund on the sale of Magazine zum Globus and related prime properties to a joint venture of SIGNA and CENTRAL Group.
Priora Suisse on the sale of a total of 36 properties (buildings and land) located within or directly adjacent to the airport perimeter to Flughafen Zurich.
Capvis on the purchase of Tertianum Group from Swiss Prime Site.
EQT on the acquisition of Nestlé Skin Health for CHF 10.2 billion.
Constellium on the sale of rolling business assets in Sierre to Novelis for EUR 200 million.
PSP Swiss Property on the sale of a commercial property in Petit-Lancy for CHF 55 million.
Valora on the sale of the La Praille Building in Geneva to Migros.
- Rising Star in Real Estate and Construction (Switzerland), Legal 500, 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- London Business School Alumni - Member
- Switzerland (2012)
- London Business School (MBA) (2016)
- University of Fribourg (MLaw) (2009)
- University of Fribourg (BLaw) (2007)
- Co-author, "The impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on property law in Switzerland", LexisNexis, 2020
- Co-author, "LFAIE et crédits hypothécaires", GesKR, 2020
- Author of various publications on real estate case law in SVIT Immobilia
- Lecturer, "Corporate Finance und Besonderheiten der Immobilienfinanzierung", ZHAW School of Management and Law, MBA Real Estate Management, from June 2020
- Lecturer, "Die Haftung des Immobilienbewerters", SVIT Real Estate School, October 2018 and March 2017