Alexander is a senior associate in the Corporate Group in the London office of Baker McKenzie.
Alexander joined the Firm in March 2010 as a trainee solicitor. Following qualification as a solicitor, Alexander joined the Firm's corporate team in London. Alexander completed a three-month secondment to the Hong Kong office of Baker McKenzie in 2012 and a two-year secondment to Baker McKenzie's Singapore office in 2017. Alexander completed a nine-month client secondment at a UK-based global pharmaceutical group in July 2020.
Alexander is experienced in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on the pharmaceutical, medical devices and healthcare industries, as well as general corporate matters including multi-jurisdictional reorganisations, joint ventures, distressed M&A, and corporate governance issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Coats Group plc on the acquisition of Texon, a leading manufacturer of high-performance sustainable materials for footwear, accessories and functional apparel, from Navis Capital Partners for USD 237 million.
- Advising Coats Group plc on the acquisition of Rhenoflex group, a leading global producer of reinforcement solutions for the footwear and accessories industries.
- Acting for GSK on the divestment of its rabies and tick-borne encephalitis vaccines to Bavarian Nordic for an upfront payment of approximately EUR 301 million (GBP 259 million) and milestone payments of up to EUR 955 million (GBP 822 million).
- Advising Cochlear on its strategic hearing alliance with GN ReSound to develop smart bimodal hearing solutions.
- Acting for GSK on the disposal of its API manufacturing site in Cork, Ireland, including all facilities, business operations and approximately 400 commercial manufacturing and R&D employees, for approximately EUR 90 million.
- Advising Merck & Co. on its investment in the Vaccines Manufacturing Innovation Centre, a UK Research and Innovation-backed centre for late-stage vaccine manufacturing, research and development.
- Acting for GSK on the disposal of its manufacturing facilities in Verona, Italy to ACS Dobfar.
- Acted for a global pharmaceutical group on the divestment of its manufacturing facilities in Eastern Europe
- Acting for Unilever on its personal care and home care joint venture with Europe & Asia Commercial Co., Ltd. in Myanmar, Unilever EAC Myanmar Company Limited.
- Advising a UK-based pharmaceutical company on its private equity investment and the disposal of its Phase I movement disorder drug and related isomers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2012)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice Course) (2009)
- Nottingham Trent University (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2008)
- University of Nottingham (BA Jt Hons in Classics) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.