Catalina has more than three years of experience in commercial and corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2022 as a member of the Companies, Restructures and Foreign Investment Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, she worked in the corporate law practice in KPMG Colombia.
Catalina has experience advising foreign and local entities in matters of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment, business reorganizations and liquidations.
She has advised local and foreign legal entities in the compliance of corporate obligations, capitalization processes, liquidation, bylaws amendments, foreign investment in Colombia and negotiation of shareholders agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on a merger involving a public utilities company in Colombia.
- Advised and implemented the transfer of assets involving a Colombian company and a major foreign telecommunications' group.
- Advised on the corporate restructuring of an important Colombian family group.
- Advised a foreign company on the acquisition of shares in a Colombian coffee company.
- Colombia (2018)
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Specialist in Commercial Law) (2021)
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Specialist in Human Rights and International Criminal Law) (2019)
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (J.D.) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein