John Fabbro is a real estate partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie where he advises on acquisitions and leasing transactions in the commercial real estate space. He is also a leading adviser on agribusiness transactions as well as real estate-related carbon trading and infrastructure projects. John is valued for his practical approach to resolving issues and his ability to work collaboratively with intermediaries to ensure commercial outcomes are achieved for his clients.
John advises on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions with a particular emphasis on corporate real estate advice to property end users and agribusiness transactions. In this capacity, he acts on the acquisition, sale and leasing of commercial, retail, industrial developments including the development of specialist facilities as well as advising offshore-based agribusiness investors including major sovereign funds and international commodity traders on investing in the Australian agriculture sector. He acts for major property trusts, international retailers, institutional real estate investors, property developers, multi-national corporations and governments on all aspects of property development and land use.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising on the negotiation and securing of corporate headquarters, office and industrial accommodation for Australian and offshore based corporations, and associated property portfolio management throughout Australia.
- Advising on the acquisition, leasing, development and fitout of major purpose built facilities including data centres, specialized distribution and industrial premises, food and chemical processing facilities and agribusiness and transport infrastructure facilities.
- Advising on joint ventures and property syndications for large scale residential property developments.
- Advising on retail roll outs and network management for leading international retail bands across Australia.
- Advising on contaminated land transactions for industrial based clients.
- Advising on large scale agribusiness acquisitions and broad acre pastoral investments across the Australian rural sector.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Property Council of Australia - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia - Fellow
- CoreNet - Member
- Tourism & Transport Forum Australia - Member
- Australian Agribusiness Association of Australia - Member
- Queensland~Australia (1993)
- Victoria~Australia (1990)
- New South Wales~Australia (1983)
- University of London (LL.M.) (1986)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B.) (1983)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Commerce) (1982)