Susan focuses her practice on cross-border employment matters arising throughout the employment relationship. She serves as trusted counsel to companies on various employment matters, helping them in all aspects of global workforce management. In addition to advising on expansion into new jurisdictions, managing global workforces and exiting employment relationships, Susan also advises on employment law matters arising from mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, tax and supply chain restructuring, post-acquisition integration, outsourcing and online marketplace models. She also actively advises global companies on employment law issues relating to diversity and inclusion programs, as well as managing workforces in the time of COVID and global remote work models.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on employment matters in numerous US and cross-border transactions and post-acquisition integrations covering up to 60 jurisdictions and ranging in value from USD 2 million to USD 7 billion.
- Advised both publicly traded and private US multinational corporations across various industries —technology/software, fashion/retail, as well as banking and finance — on global cost-cutting strategies including salary reductions, temporary shutdowns and reductions in force across more than 40 jurisdictions; also advised on employment law comparative analyses involving more than 50 jurisdictions.
- Advised US multinationals on employment considerations in entering new jurisdictions and various potential business models including direct hire by foreign employers, third party agencies and contractor models across up to 30 jurisdictions.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer in Northern California, Super Lawyers
- Recommended for US Workplace and Employment Counseling, Legal 500
- Recognized for Labor & Employment, Chambers USA, 2016
- Recognized as a leading employment lawyer in California, The San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Ranked among the top 100 women lawyers in California, The San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Ranked one of the top 20 lawyers under the age of 40 in California, The San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Recognized as one of California's top women leaders in tech law, The Recorder
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- International Bar Association - Employment Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco - Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association - Employment Section
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California~United States (1997)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D.) (1997)
- University of California at Davis (B.A.) (1993)