Susan Eandi is the head of Baker McKenzie's Global Employment and Labor Law practice group for North America, and chair of the California Labor & Employment practice group. She speaks regularly for organizations including ACC, Bloomberg, and M&A Counsel. Susan has been published extensively in various external legal publications in addition to handbooks/magazines published by the Firm. Susan has been recognized as a leader in employment law by The Daily Journal, Legal 500, PLC and is a Chambers ranked attorney.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on employment matters in numerous US and cross-border transactions and post-acquisition integrations covering up to 60 jurisdictions and ranging in value from USD2 million to USD7 billion.
- Advised both publicly traded and private US multinational corporations across various industries —technology/software, fashion/retail, as well as banking and finance — on global cost-cutting strategies including salary reductions, temporary shutdowns and reductions in force across more than 40 jurisdictions; also advised on employment law comparative analyses involving more than 50 jurisdictions.
- Advised US multinationals on employment considerations in entering new jurisdictions and various potential business models including direct hire by foreign employers, third party agencies and contractor models across up to 30 jurisdictions.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer in Northern California, Super Lawyers
- Recommended for US Workplace and Employment Counseling, Legal 500
- Recognized for Labor & Employment, Chambers USA, 2016
- Recognized as a leading employment lawyer in California, The San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Ranked among the top 100 women lawyers in California, The San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Ranked one of the top 20 lawyers under the age of 40 in California, The San Francisco and Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Recognized as one of California's top women leaders in tech law, The Recorder
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- International Bar Association - Employment Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco - Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association - Employment Section
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California~United States (1997)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D.) (1997)
- University of California at Davis (B.A.) (1993)
Frequent speaker on US and global employment issues for various organizations including Baker McKenzie, SHRM, Argyle Executive (HR) Forum, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Information Technology Association of America, Clearpoint LP, Tax Executive's Institute, National Foreign Trade Council and California Continuing Education of the Bar