David has extensive experience in international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and equity capital markets, with particular focus on energy, infrastructure and pharmaceuticals.
Representative Legal Matters
David handled the following matters prior to joining Baker McKenzie:
- Advised a multinational oil and gas company on the divestment of its downstream businesses in 16 African countries for USD 1 billion.
- Advised Murphy Oil Corporation on the sale of its 450-site network of ‘Murco’ branded fuel retail stations to Motor Fuel Group.
- Advised Murphy Oil Corporation on the sale of the former Milford Haven oil refinery and associated terminal, pipeline and logistics assets to Puma Energy.
- Advised Murphy Oil Corporation on the sale of certain oil refining assets to Byco Petroleum Pakistan Limited.
- Advised a global oilfield services group on its proposed USD 3.5 billion phased acquisition of Russia's leading independent oil well drilling company.
- Advised Arqiva Broadcast Holdings Limited on the corporate aspects of its GBP 3.4 billion refinancing of existing senior and mezzanine bank facilities, including the shareholder financing and renegotiation of the shareholders agreement, on the corporate aspects of financing for the implementation, including supply and installation, of the UK smart hub programme in the north region of the UK and on the proposed sale of a business unit.
- Advised a global leader in the creation and management of specialist funds on its acquisition of a 30% stake in a Czech and Slovak infrastructure group.
- Advised a global investment banking and diversified financial services group including its commodities and financial markets arm on the acquisition of a UK renewable energy plant project, and the syndication of 50% of the project equity to a Danish pension fund.
- Advised a British pharmaceutical company on the proposed disposal of its European and North American establish product portfolio.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- England & Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer) (2017)
- Scotland (Solicitor and Notary Public) (2004)