David Duncan is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Department in London. He is also a member of the Global Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Industry Group.
David specialises in strategic international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and equity capital markets, with a particular focus on the energy, infrastructure and pharmaceuticals sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Royal Dutch Shell plc on the divestment of its downstream businesses (including local joint venture interests) in 16 African countries to Vivo Energy Holdings B.V. and Shell and Vivo Lubricants B.V. (both joint ventures of the Vitol Group, Helios Investment Partners and Shell) for USD 1 billion.
- Acting for Royal Dutch Shell plc's New Energies division on its acquisition of the outstanding controlling stake in sonnen, a leader in smart energy storage systems and innovative energy services for households.
- Advising Murphy Oil Corporation on the sale of its 450-site network of ‘Murco’ branded fuel retail stations to Motor Fuel Group and on the sale of the former Milford Haven oil refinery and associated terminal, pipeline and logistics assets to Puma Energy.
- Acting for Bank of America Merrill Lynch as mandated lead arranger and sole lender to Royal Dutch Shell plc (Shell) in connection with Shell’s recommended cash and share offer for the entire issued share capital of BG Group plc.
- Acting for Schlumberger B.V. on its proposed USD 3.5 billion phased acquisition of Eurasia Drilling Company Limited.
- Advising Fiera Infrastructure Inc. on the acquisition from Macquarie Corporate and Asset Finance of a portfolio of residential and commercial rooftop and ground-mounted solar PV systems situated across the UK, totalling over 40MW.
- Acting for Fiera Infrastructure Inc. on the proposed bolt-on acquisition of a portfolio of residential rooftop solar PV systems situated across the UK, totalling over 12.2MW.
- Advising Arqiva Broadcast Holdings Limited on the corporate aspects of its GBP 3.4 billion refinancing of existing senior and mezzanine bank facilities, including the shareholder financing and renegotiation of the shareholders agreement.
- Advising Arqiva Broadcast Holdings Limited on the corporate aspects of financing for the implementation, including supply and installation, of the UK smart hub programme in the north of the UK.
- Acting for Astellas Pharma Inc. on the USD609m sale by its subsidiary, Prosidion Limited, of its type 2 diabetes patent estate and associated royalty stream.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of Scotland
Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- England & Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer) (2017)
- Scotland (Solicitor and Notary Public) (2004)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (Diploma in Legal Practice) (2002)
- University of Glasgow (LLB (Hons)) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.