Chiara advises on all aspects of European competition law, with particular focus on litigation matters, abuse of dominance investigations, vertical issues, compliance trainings and merger control.
Chiara’s experience encompasses a broad range of industries, including technology markets, financial services, consumer goods.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Chiara handled the following matters:
- Advising a mobile device manufacturer on an arbitration on excessive and discriminatory pricing arising from its licensing of standard essential patent.
- Acting for Unilever Italia before the Court of Justice of the EU, challenging the failure by the Italian Competition Authority to consider an as-efficient competitor defence for exclusivity agreements.
- Acting for Orlen before the EU Courts, remedying the exclusionary destruction by Lithuanian Railways of the track connecting Orlen's refinery with the Latvian rail network.
- Assisting a Japanese electronic component manufacturer in the European Commission's capacitors cartel investigation.
- Acting as Global Head of Investigations in the context of a client secondment.
- Assisting a financial institution in the context of the European Commission's alleged cartel between precious metals traders.
- Acting for IBM in its acquisition of Turbonomics.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- W@IP (part of the larger platform “W@") - Member of the Executive Committee
- Brussels (E-List)~Belgium (2016)
- Italy~Italy (2016)
- College of Europe, Bruges (LL.M.) (2014)
- Universita Cattolica Milan (J.D. in Law) (2011)
- Harvard Law School (Visiting student) (2010)
- Université Catholique de Lyon (Erasmus student) (2008)