Ken Chia is a member of the Firm’s Asia Pacific IT & Communications and Global Privacy steering committees. He is regularly ranked as a leading ITC and competition lawyer by top legal directories, including Chambers, Asia Pacific Legal 500, PLC Which Lawyer? and Asialaw. Ken is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators. He is also an accredited mediator with the Alternative Dispute Resolution Group in the United Kingdom.
Ken has more than 20 years of practicing in the areas of IT, telecommunications, intellectual property, trade and commerce, and competition law matters. He routinely assists clients, mostly governments and multinational corporations, in large-scale procurement, outsourcing and regional transactions, and provides sound advice on privacy and e-commerce matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the Info-communications Development Authority on Singapore’s Next Generation Interactive Multimedia Services project.
- Advising the Info-communications Development Authority on Singapore’s SGD1 billion Next Generation National Broadband Network tender.
- Advising the successful bidder on Singapore's SGD1.3 billion SOEasy IT outsourcing project.
- Advising a new WiMax operator in Malaysia on its agreements to rollout a new IP Core, national WiMax radio access network, OSS/BSS, and microwave transmission network.
- Advising a Taiwanese operator on its joint venture to launch a new space satellite.
- Advising a Malaysian operator on its NGN procurement agreements and its agreements with the Malaysian government.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Singapore Academy of Law
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Accredited Mediator - ADR Group UK
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators - Fellow
- Singapore (2001)
- California~United States (1997)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1991)
- Stirling University (1994)
- Cambridge University (Magdalene College) (1992)
- College of Law at Guildford (1989)
- Cambridge University (Magdalene College) (1988)
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.