Representative Legal Matters
- Represented AGF Management Limited, one of Canada’s premier independent investment management firms, in its strategic acquisition of securities of FFCM, a Boston-based ETF adviser and asset management firm.
- Represented the Royal Spirit Group in connection with its acquisition of control of Carlisle Etcetera LLC from Tom James Company.
- Represented the independent special committee of the board of directors of Baltic Trading Limited in connection with Baltic Trading’s merger with Genco Shipping & Trading Limited, its controlling shareholder.
- Represented an asset manager in connection with its cross-border secondary acquisition of approximately 100 hedge and private equity fund interests.
- Represented Gravity Midstream, LLC in connection with its USD100 million acquisition from Trigeant Ltd. of a crude oil terminal and refinery pursuant to a bankruptcy court approved plan of reorganization.
- Represented Gulf Coast Asphalt Company, L.L.C. in the sale of its Mobile, Alabama marine terminalling facility and Saraland, Alabama rail transloading facility to Arc Terminals LP.
- Represented Compass Partners International LLP in the sale of Drake Beam Morin Inc., a leading provider of strategic human resources solutions, to Adecco Group.
- Represented Onex Partners II LP in connection with its acquisition of Eastman Kodak Company’s international Health Group for USD2.35 billion.
- Represented VersaPay Corporation in connection with various public offerings of its shares and units.
- Represented Peninsula Energy Limited, an Australian corporation, in connection with its issuance of equity to BlackRock Financial Management, Inc. and a related debt financing transaction.
- Represented Cineplex Galaxy Income Fund in a USD185 million cross-border offering of equity securities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (1991)
- Columbia Law School (J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1989)
- State University of New York at Binghamton (B.A.) (1986)
- Beaver College, Institute of Strategic, Economic and Political Studies, London, England (1985)
Presenter, "LLC Operating Agreements," NBI Seminar, February 2016
Author, Corporate Alert: "Hobson’s Choice" in Debt Restructuring Violates TIA Section 316(b), July 2015
Co-author, "M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter, Summer," 2011