Vanina Caniza is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Buenos Aires office. She advises clients in a variety of corporate and commercial law matters, with extensive experience in corporate compliance, commercial agreements and mergers & acquisitions. She represents and advises Argentine and foreign companies. She completed postgraduate courses on Biotechnology at Universidad Torcuato di Tella (Buenos Aires) and on Health Law at Universidad de Buenos Aires. She sits on the Steering Committee of the Firm’s Latin America Corporate Compliance Group and on the Steering Committee of the Firm’s Latin America Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Industry Group. She is currently a professor in the CEC Compliance & Ethics Certification (AAEC-UCEMA).
Vanina advises clients on transactional, general commercial, and compliance matters. She has conducted several compliance investigations and has trained Argentine subsidiaries of global companies in compliance matters. She focuses her practice on the Life Sciences and Healthcare Industry and has extensive experience on regulatory law and specialized knowledge of legal issues related to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Buenos Aires Bar Association - Member
- Buenos Aires~Argentina (1995)
- AAEC-UCEMA (Compliance & Ethics Certification (CEC)) (2014)
- University of Buenos Aires (Post Graduate Course Health Law) (2009)
- Torcuato Di Tella University (Post Graduate Course Biotechnology) (2007)
- Duke University (LL.M.) (1999)
- University of Buenos Aires (J.D.) (1995)