Elżbieta worked for more than seventeen years in governmental administration of the Republic of Poland. She was co-heading a team of lawyers in the Office for the Committee for European Integration responsible for representing the State in proceedings before the CJEU. At the State Treasury Solicitors' Office she was heading a team of lawyers responsible for court representation of the State in civil matters, in complex international arbitration cases and was involved in a number ECHR cases and international matters. After moving to private sector, Elżbieta represents clients in international proceedings as well as in domestic commercial cases. She is involved in pro bono and CSR activities throughout her career.
Elżbieta has a great wealth of experience in conducting and coordinating litigation cases. Her experience focus mainly on European Union and Competition law. She has almost fifteen years' experience in litigation before Polish, European and arbitration courts. As a member of Competition Law team she focuses on European litigation in competition matters as well as on private enforcement cases before the Polish courts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing a leading company operating on gas and oil sector in a precedent proceedings before the General Court in cases T-616/18 and T-399/19 re. annulment of Commission Decisions ending proceedings under 102 TFEU,
- Representing Polish construction company in a precedent case before the European Court of Human Rights (Application no. 6035/17),
- Representing a leading bank in a case before CJEU, case C-632/17 re. consumer protection (order for payment procedure based on bank ledger excerpts),
- Representing Polish gas transmission operator in proceedings before the General Court in cases: T849/16 R (re. OPAL gas pipeline and TPA obligation) and T-212/20 (re. ACER's decision),
- Representing leading international company in private enforcement cases before Polish courts,
- Advising a leading company operating on gas and oil sector in a precedent antitrust proceedings before the President of UOKiK alleging participation in a cartel of price fixing, marked sharing and bid rigging on the local heat market.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Warsaw Bar Association
- Warsaw~Poland (2009)
- Warsaw University (1999)
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa