Victoria's key expertise focuses in the Consumer Goods and Retail (CG&R) and the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) industries. Victoria advises on the ability to register trade marks, designs and domain names. She files new applications, responds to examiner's objections, obtains information on the status of current registrations, files renewals, advises on transfers and infringements and manages opposition proceedings before IP Australia.
Victoria also assists in and advises on the intellectual property aspects of commercial and corporate transactions, from scope of property included in the transaction through to risk or liability issues. She is an innovation ambassador for the firm and currently she is the Chair of the Asia Pacific Senior Associates Steering Committee for IPTech.
Representative Legal Matters
- Managing Australian and global trade mark portfolios for various US-based and multinational corporations operating in the entertainment, technology, healthcare, education, food and fashion industries such as Jurlique and Warner Bros.
- Managing domain name complaints under the UDRP or auDRP procedures.
- Advises clients on use and protection of registered designs.
- Acting for a multinational confectionery corporation on the protection of a registered design for a new product across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assists companies and in-house teams in conducting due diligence of intellectual property assets.
- Regularly assists companies with managing assignments of intellectual property rights and the recordal of assignments comprising registered IP rights worldwide.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2005)
- Mexico (2001)
- Legal Practitioners Admission Board (Diploma Law) (2005)
- University of Technology Sydney (LL.M.) (2003)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (LL.B.) (2001)