Victoria Bell is a senior associate in the Intellectual Property team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. Victoria joined Baker McKenzie in 2004, and helps manage the Australian domain name and designs practice. Prior to coming to Australia, she was an associate at a leading IP boutique firm in Mexico City, where she practiced in the prosecution and enforcement of trade marks and patents. Over the last four years Victoria has been advising clients on labeling requirements for products imported into and sold in Australia and in respect of food regulatory issues.
Victoria advises on the ability to register trade marks, designs and domain names, and she manages the Australian trade mark portfolio for a US-based entertainment corporation and a multinational pharmaceutical corporation. She files new applications, responds to examiner's objections, obtains information on the status of current registrations, files renewals and advises on transfers and infringements. Victoria also assists in and advises on the intellectual property aspects of commercial and corporate transactions, from scope of property included in the transaction through to risk or liability issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for a private equity group on the multijurisdictional acquisition of various food businesses that spanned across Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Acted for a waste disposal business acquiring another waste disposal business in a complex matter that involved working with various businesses and divisions.
- Acted for a Japanese company on the acquisition of the Australian business of a multinational company, a complex matter that included working across different jurisdictions.
- Regularly advises a large Australian food and beverage company on food regulatory issues and trade promotions.
- Advises a large multinational food corporation on food regulatory issues in Australia.
- Acted for a multinational confectionery corporation on the protection of a registered design for a new product across multiple jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2005)
- Mexico (2001)
- Legal Practitioners Admission Board (Diploma Law) (2005)
- University of Technology Sydney (LL.M.) (2003)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (LL.B.) (2001)