Jakkarin Bantathong is the head of Baker McKenzie’s Insurance and Corporate & Commercial Practice Groups in Bangkok. He also serves as knowledge and professional development partner, overseeing the training of all lawyers in the Firm’s Bangkok office. Mr. Bantathong joined the Firm in 1987, and became a partner in 1995.
Mr. Bantathong has more than 20 years of experience advising and representing multinational clients in a broad range of high-level company and commercial transactions. In particular, he assists clients in mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, as well as shipping and maritime matters. His client base includes major insurance groups, international manufacturers, oil and gas companies and leading Thai firms.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised globally-recognized mega-brands in various industries on M&A transactions for the Thai market.
- Advised on cross-border acquisition transactions involving various approaches, such as share and asset acquisitions, or share swap deals for listed and non-listed companies.
- Assisted foreign clients in concluding appropriate joint venture structures with Thai partners for the operation of insurance companies, oil and gas companies, manufacturing firms and real estate development businesses.
- Represented multinational insurance groups with regard to regulatory issues, including bancassurance, unit-linked products, telemarketing, fronting arrangements, broker and agent matters, as well as reinsurance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (1986)
- University of Southampton (LL.M.) (1987)
- University of Bristol (E.L.S.) (1986)
- Thammasat University (LL.B.) (1984)