Pauline regularly serves as an intermediary between the employer and the pension fund, advising and explaining the technicalities of Dutch pension law to their clients.
Pauline has extensive experience in compliance and pension fund governance. This spans risk management studies and advice, audits on the fund's policies, code of conduct implementation and monitoring, and incident investigation and settlement.
Currently, she advises many employers on the old age pension gap (AOW-gap), that results from the deviation between the increasing state pension age and the increased standard retirement age under the applicable pension plan rules.
Representative Legal Matters
- Orpea S.A. on the pension aspects of its acquisition of Woonzorgnet B.V. from Woonzorgnet Beheer B.V.
- EPAM Systems Inc. on the pension aspects of the acquisition of Tahzoo Holding B.V. and Adnovate Holding B.V. from E.P. Hendriks Holding B.V.
- Chesnara on the pension aspects of the acquisition of Legal & General Levensverzekering Maatschappij N.V.
Prior to joining the firm, Pauline worked on these matters:
- Acted as (operational) compliance officer for large pension funds and several industry-wide pension funds. In this role, she checked annually whether the affiliated persons and insiders of the pension fund fully complied with the code of conduct and the insider trading rules of the fund. She also advised on general compliance matters, like the review of the pension fund regulations, for example the code of conduct, the insider trading rules, the whistleblowers scheme and the outsourcing policy.
- Performed (reviews on) integrity risk management studies for several industry-wide pension funds and insurance companies like Aegon. She also advised on the required risk management measures.
- Brought legal proceedings against supervisory authority DNB on behalf of Pension Fund Alcatel-Lucent, with regard to a direction of DNB.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Women in Institutional Pension (ViiP)
- Association for Dutch Pension Law (VVP)
- Amsterdam~The Netherlands (2014)
- University of Amsterdam (Master's Degree) (2009)