Ezequiel Artola is a partner in the Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Practice Group in Buenos Aires. He advises clients on a variety of complex transactional, general commercial and regulatory matters, with emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial agreements and corporate practice. Ezequiel was assistant professor of commercial and civil contracts at the Universidad de Buenos Aires, and has written articles related to mining, oil and gas, and distribution and agency agreements.
Ezequiel’s practice is focused mainly in the areas of mining, oil and gas, energy, renewables and infrasctructure. He has extensive experience in food, beverage, ports and agribusiness industries as well as in complex local and multijurisdictional M&A transactions. Ezequiel advices clients in major projects and cross-border deals, and in structuring alternatives, transactional documents, corporate, commercial matters and risk assessment. He also has extensive experience in pharmaceuticals, agribusiness, food, beverage, personal products and tobacco sectors. He also provides daily commercial, contractual and regulatory advice.
- Associate to watch: Corporate M&A, Chambers Latin America, 2017
- Associate to watch: Energy & Natural Resources, Chambers Latin America, 2012, 2013, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) – Member
- Buenos Aires Bar Association – Member
- Buenos Aires~Argentina (2006)
- Southern Methodist University (LL.M. International and Comparative Law) (2007)
- University of Buenos Aires (Specialization Program in Oil & Gas Law) (2005)
- University of Buenos Aires (J.D.) (2003)
Co-author, "Legislación minera comparada. Argentina Chile y Peru” (Mining comparative law. Argentina, Chile, Peru), Panorama Minero, Special Supplement, Edition No. 353, March 2009
Baker & McKenzie Sociedad Civil is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.