Kowit Adireksombat is a member of the Financial Services Division. He joined the Firm in 2007 and became a partner in 2018. Since joining the Firm in 2007, he has been active in corporate transactions which include capital markets, banking and financial transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Kowit represents financial institutions, securities companies, and fund managers, in various transactions covering both domestic and international capital markets. He also represents clients in a diverse range of business sectors in their fund-raising activities as well as other corporate transactions, such as liability management and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, he has been advising on complex legal and regulatory matters in relation to the securities and exchange law, the financial institution business law, the bankruptcy law, and other commercial laws, including cross-border and domestic securities offerings, SEC and BOT compliance, and corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as Thai legal counsel for Bualuang Securities Public Company Limited, Kasikorn Securities Public Company Limited, SCB Securities Company Limited as well as Merrill Lynch (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. and UBS AG, Singapore Branch in the initial public offering transaction of approximately THB 20 billion in Thailand and international market under Regulation S of Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited. This deal marked Thailand’s largest corporate listing in the decade and the highest market capitalization on the Stock Exchange of Thailand in the past 16 years and received Asian-Mena Counsels Honorable Mentions 2017.
- Advised Thai Oil Public Company Limited (TOP) and its treasury arm, Thaioil Treasury Center Company Limited (TTC), in their liability management exercise. The transaction involved a cash tender offer of the USD1 billion existing notes of TOP and an issuance of like-kind notes by TTC, which replicated the features of the notes repurchased by TOP.
- Advised Singha Estate Public Company Limited on its dual-track offering of USD 180 million of convertible bonds and USD 50 million of shares, comprised of 400 million ordinary shares, under Regulation S. The new non-call three convertible bonds are due August 2022 and are backed by a standby letter of credit issued by Krung Thai Bank. The transaction also had a stock borrow feature and this is the largest convertible bond offering by a Thai company since 2014. Best Deals - Southeast Asia, Thailand, Best Equity-Linked, The Asset Country Awards 2017.
- Advised SCB Asset Management Co., Ltd. and TRUE Corporation PCL on the establishment and USD 1.8 billion domestic initial public offering and international offering of Digital Telecommunications Infrastructure Fund in reliance on Rule 144A and Regulation S as well as its USD 1.6 billion preferential public offering.
- Represented PTT Exploration and Production PCL on its THB 5 billion offering of perpetual capital subordinated debentures, the first such offering by a non-financial institution in Thailand. The deal was named Thailand Capital Markets Deal of the Year in the IFR Asia Awards, 2012.
- Advised Mizuho Bank, Ltd. on its pilot offering of THB 3 billion bonds in Thailand pursuant to the approval of the Ministry of Finance of Thailand. The issue was the first one under the ASEAN +3 Multi-Currency Bond Issuance Framework (AMBIF) cooperation championed by Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Represented Bangkok Expressway PCL and Bangkok Metro PCL, both SET-listed companies, in their USD 2.2 billion amalgamation transaction which formed Bangkok Expressway and Metro PCL, one of the largest transportation and logistic service providers in Thailand. The transaction was the largest amalgamation deal for transportation and logistic business in the ASEAN region.
- Advised Siam Synthetic Latex Company Limited, a joint venture formed by The Dow Chemical Company and The Siam Cement PCL, on THB 8.5 billion term loan facilities, granted by a group of local financial institutions. This deal was awarded Best Project Financing Deal of The Year in South East Asia, Alpha South East Asia Magazine.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thai Bar Association
- New York~United States (2013)
- Thailand (2007)
- New York University School of Law (LLM) (2011)
- Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University (Bachelor of Economics Business Economics) (2009)
- Chulalongkorn University (Bachelor of Laws, First class honors) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.