We have launched a video to highlight our series of Homeless Youth Handbooks.
The handbooks act as a guide for homeless youth, with information about rights, responsibilities, and resources in every major aspect of their lives. Each handbook has been created based upon state specific laws – the resources are part of a collaborative effort between Baker McKenzie, our clients and homeless charities across the country.
The video showcases our clients and the charities involved talking about key aspects of the handbooks and why they are important, while two people who had previously been homeless youths describe the impact this project could have on young people currently in that situation.
To date, we have launched the following handbooks:
- Florida, working with The Walt Disney Company and Florida Children's First
- Illinois, working with United Airlines and Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
- Minnesota, working with Ecolab and Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- New York, working with Mondelez and The Door
- Texas, working with Weatherford and Appleseed
- Washington, working with Starbucks and Columbia Legal Services
- Washington DC, working with The Walt Disney Company and National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty
We also have plans to launch Homeless Youth Handbooks in California, Indiana and Ontario in the coming months.
The video was launched at the release of the Washington DC Handbook.