It is our pleasure to share the Third Quarter 2023 issue of the Private Wealth Newsletter for our clients, friends, colleagues and global readership. As a longstanding publication of Baker McKenzie’s Global Wealth Management Practice Group, we are particularly keen to publish a new feature of our newsletter designed to better connect our readership with our diverse and expansive worldwide team.
To headline this edition, we would like to present the first “PWN meets…” an ongoing series of video interviews showcasing our team members across offices and regions. First up are our colleagues in Dubai, Stephanie Samuell and Ben Phillips. You can find Stephanie’s and Ben’s own introductions, as well as their view on some of the current challenges and opportunities affronting family businesses and private wealth owning structures, or turning to page 4 of this edition. We look forward to helping you get to know more of our team with each future issue of this newsletter.
This edition also features articles on a variety of relevant recent developments in the private wealth space.
- Estate planning for political headwinds in Asia - a Taiwanese perspective
- Low or null taxation jurisdictions (LNTJs) and a recent Court precedent to take into account
- District court grants in part enforcement of IRS summons on Kraken
- The cautionary case of Zhang Lan
- United States and Belgium: Indiscriminate obligation to report US taxpayers under FATCA challenged under EU law
- Around the world
If you would like to receive the Baker McKenzie Private Wealth Newsletter in your inbox, please reach out to Laetitia Lory.