Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a client based in the Middle East on high-value acquisitions, a complex restructuring of private and investment assets and exchange of information/disclosure requirements.
- Advised a client on establishing a private trust company structure and family offices for US and global investments.
- Advised on two restructurings in the last year of complex contentious trust structures (worth approximately GBP 500 million), which own operating businesses, investment portfolios and other assets including real estate.
- Represented a client in a large tax investigation by a foreign tax authority, including advice around the enforceability of foreign judgments.
- Provided VAT and structuring advice in relation to significant maritime assets.
- Advised on changes to the taxation of UK residential real estate and structures for UK residential real estate.
- Advised an international private bank on their wealth management offering.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- BPP Law School, London (Legal Practice Course) (2008)
- University College London (LLB) (2007)
- University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas) (Masters I in Business Law) (2007)
- University of Paris I (Pantheon-Sorbonne) (Bachelor in European and International Law) (2006)
Author, "The World Stage: Planning for the Wealthy Brazilian", STEP Magazine, March 2013
Speaker, "Baker McKenzie Annual Tax and Trusts Conference (London)", (Annually)
Speaker, "Tax for Trust Litigators", Transcontinental Trust Conference (Geneva), April 2018
Speaker, "Tax and Estate Update for Multi-jurisdictional Families", Family Office Exchange, March 2015
Speaker, "Family Office Dynamics and Objectives", Tolley's Family Office Wealth Management conference, December 2013