Elliott H. Murray
Elliott Murray is head of the US Tax and Wealth Management practice in Geneva and is a partner in the Firm's International Tax and Global Wealth Management practice groups. Elliott has significant experience assisting high net worth individuals and families with US and international tax, wealth planning, and regulatory and family governance matters.
Elliott is a member of the Firm’s EMEA Wealth Management Steering Committee, a co-editor of the Global Wealth Management practice group’s quarterly Private Wealth Newsletter, and has lectured at LLM programs on US tax and FATCA/CRS issues. Elliott has been listed in ALM Private Client Global Elite, Ones to Watch for 2017, 2019, 2019, and 2021.
While at the University of Texas School of Law, he completed an internship (stage) at the European Court of Justice as a Dean Acheson Legal Intern.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce – Member
- International Bar Association / Private Client Tax – Member
- Texas Bar Association, Tax Section & Real Property, Trust, and Estate Planning Section – Member
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) – Affiliate Member
- Texas~United States (2010)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with Honors) (2010)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A. History, with Distinction) (2005)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, “IRS Guidance Reduces Reporting on Foreign Pension and Other Savings Plans But Does Not Clarify Income Tax Liabilities,” Journal of International Taxation, February 2021
- Co-author, “Updates on Beneficial Ownership Reporting in the United States,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, January 2021
- Co-author, “US beneficiaries may claim withholding tax credit for foreign nongrantor trust distributions,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, May 2020
- Co-author, “Implementation of the Current Withholding Tax in France: the French exception is gone!” 47 Intertax, Issue 3, 2019
- Co-author, “IRS Issues Final Regulations Protecting Current Large Gifts from Future Taxation,” Baker McKenzie Client Alert, November 2019
- Co-author, “US Senate Ratifies Protocols to US Tax Treaties with Japan, Luxembourg, Spain, and Switzerland,” Baker McKenzie Tax News and Developments, August 2019