Danielle is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s IP and Technology practices. Admitted in California and Australia, she assists with advising leading global and local clients on IP and technology related issues across a range of industry sectors, including digital media and content, software and IT, online sales, luxury and fashion, and other consumer goods and services.
Danielle has been listed in Lawyers Weekly's "30 Under 30" and Australasian Lawyer's "50 Rising Stars." She is also a contributor to various firm publications and applications, including the Asia Pacific IP Guide, Global Legal Guide for Luxury and Fashion, Global Trade Secrets Handbook, Gray Market Handbook, Guide to Media and Content Regulation in Asia Pacific, and IP Enforcer.
Danielle has represented clients in IP disputes involving trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret and other related rights. Her experience includes providing strategic advice and representation in relation to global brand management and protection, anti-counterfeiting and parallel imports, advertising and related consumer laws, and technology and other IP transactions and licensing.
Danielle also has skills in legal design, applying human-centered design thinking methods to improve and innovate legal services. She is a fellow of Stanford’s Legal Design Lab and has trained in design thinking at Stanford’s d. School and other incubators and programs including Startup Garage and the Venture Studio.
Representative Legal Matters
Significant matters include advising:
- Leading global and local brands on their IP enforcement programs, including technology, entertainment, luxury, fashion and cosmetics vendors.
- A leading global entertainment company to stop sales of and destroy over a million units of counterfeit products.
- A leading global cosmetics company in litigation against a major Australian retail chain over the sale of alleged counterfeit products.
- A major global trading company in patent and trade secret litigation related to high frequency trading technologies.
- A leading IPTV service provider regarding patent protection in relation to innovative technology and risk management issues.
- A leading food and beverage vendor on advertising content compliance across various forms of digital and other media.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar Association, IP Section - Member
- California Young Lawyers Association - Member
- IP Society of Australia and New Zealand - Member
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition - Member
- International Trademark Association - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Pro bono advice for a leading international not-for-profit news organization on a journalists code of ethics for Africa.
- Pro bono advice for a national arts law body on IP protections for artists.
- Pro bono advice for cancer patients referred by the Australian Cancer Council's Legal Referral Service.
- California~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States (2017)
- New South Wales~Australia (2010)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2010)
- Stanford University (LL.M. Law, Science and Technology) (2015)
- University of Sydney (LL.B. Honours) (2010)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor's Degree Economic and Social Sciences Honours) (2008)