Georgina Foster is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Sydney office and leads the Firm’s Australian competition practice.
Georgina is a leading merger clearance lawyer. She also regularly advises clients on competition law issues relating to joint ventures and strategic alliances, cartel conduct, as well as pricing and distribution strategies. She has significant experience in representing clients in ACCC investigations into alleged contraventions of Australian competition and consumer laws, including acting for immunity applicants. She also regularly assists clients with competition and consumer law compliance programs.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising clients on section 50 merger clearances and assisting them to obtain ACCC clearance.
- Representing and advising clients in relation to ACCC investigations concerning alleged contraventions of Australian competition and consumer laws.
- Representing and advising clients in relation to the ACCC's Immunity Policy for Cartel Conduct, including in applications for immunity and subsequent dealings with the ACCC.
- Acting for clients in the retailing, telecommunications, fast food and groceries markets in dealings with the ACCC, class actions and reseller disputes.
- Federal Court of Australia~Australia (2003)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2003)
- New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- University of Sydney (LL.B.) (1996)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics) (1994)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.