Francesca Richmond is a litigator advising clients on commercial, competition and regulatory issues, recommended in the field of Competition Litigation by Legal 500.
Francesca advises regulators and regulated entities on risk management and contentious matters, focusing on securing commercial outcomes by application of competition law, EU law, human rights and domestic judicial review principles. She has extensive experience in a broad range of sectors including financial services, broadcasting, online and copy advertising, food and consumer goods.
Representative Legal Matters
- Lead advisor to a global financial institution on a series of significant multijurisdictional investigations into potential breaches of financial services regulation, competition law and compliance policy.
- Lead advisor to one of five defendants against tire manufactures in a High Court follow-on action related to the butadiene rubber cartel.
- Assisted in conduct of US class action claim for three corporate members seeking damages resulting from a supply management conspiracy.
- Acted for a major mobile telephone network operator in the judicial review of the European Roaming Regulation and resulting preliminary reference to the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- Advised an international cosmetics company on the lawfulness of restrictions imposed on its advertising by the Advertising Standards Authority, and the potential public and EU law challenges to that decision.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Law Society of Ireland
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2006)
- King's College London, UK (LL.M.) (2003)
- King's College London, UK (LL.B.) (2002)