Viacheslav Yakymchuk heads the Firm’s Corporate/M&A and Private Equity Practice Groups in the Kyiv office. Viacheslav is ranked as a top-tier practitioner in the areas of corporate law, M&A, and capital markets by Chambers, IFLR1000, and Legal500. He also served as assistant corporate counsel in Europe for Archer Daniels Midland from 2005 to 2008. He frequently speaks on the diverse aspects of M&A and private equity transactions in Ukraine. Viacheslav is admitted to practice in Ukraine and in New York, USA.
Viacheslav is seasoned in handling European M&A transactions and has extensive experience in private equity and equity capital markets. His client focus is on the industrial and TMT sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Glencore Agriculture Limited on its acquisition of Everi port terminal from the Orexim group.
- Advised the shareholders of Biopharma, a leading Ukrainian manufacturer of pharmaceuticals and healthcare products, on the carve-out of its non-plasma business and its further sale to Stada AG.
- Advised Tencent Holdings Limited on its proposed investment in a Ukrainian video game development studio that is involved in creating AAA-quality games.
- Advised Remington Seeds with respect to a strategic agreement with MAIS to purchase its seed plant and farming operations in Ukraine.
- Acted as lead counsel to MHP SE, a leading Ukrainian agro-industrial group, on its EUR 221.1 million acquisition of Perutnina, a well-established and vertically integrated company in Southeast Europe, including Slovenia.
- Advised Greenyard on its EUR 93 million acquisition of Mykogen, a leading manufacturer of modern mushroom growing grounds.
- Advised Glencore Agriculture Limited on the sale of its 10 agribusiness companies in several regions in Ukraine to Epicenter K, a national chain of home improvement stores.
- Advised Avista Capital and Nordic Capital on their joint acquisition of Pharma Start, one of the 10 largest Ukrainian pharmaceutical producers.
- Advised Rozetka, the largest Ukrainian online retailer, on its sale of a minority stake to a leading private equity fund focusing on Ukraine.
- Advised Horizon Capital with respect to a USD 40 million investment into Tinkoff Credit Systems (TCS Bank), the first online bank in Russia.
- Band 1 lawyer in Corporate/M&A: Chambers Global
- Hall of Fame (Corporate/M&A): The Legal 500: EMEA
- Market Leader in M&A, Private Equity: IFLR1000
- Leading Individual in Corporate M&A: Ukrainian Law Firms. A handbook for foreign clients
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York~United States (1999)
- Ukraine (1997)
- Saint Louis University School of Law (1998)
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University (1997)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.