Viacheslav Yakymchuk heads Baker McKenzie's Corporate/M&A and Private Equity practice groups in Kyiv. Mr. Yakymchuk is ranked as a top-tier practitioner in corporate law, M&A and capital markets by Chambers, IFLR, Legal 500 EMEA. He also served as assistant corporate counsel in Europe for Archer Daniels Midland from 2005 to 2008. He frequently speaks on the diverse aspects of M&A and private equity transactions in Ukraine, as well as on matters related to the IPOs of Ukrainian companies on international capital markets. Mr. Yakymchuk is admitted to practice in Ukraine and in New York, USA.
Mr. Yakymchuk is seasoned in handling European M&A transactions and has extensive experience in private equity, equity capital markets and telecommunications matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Avista Capital and Nordic Capital on the joint acquisition of a top 10 Ukrainian pharmaceutical producer.
- Advising Rozetka, a major Ukrainian online retailer, on the sale of a minority stake to a leading private equity fund focusing on Ukraine.
- Advising several sellers, Horizon Capital and East Capital, on the sale of majority stake in Pt Platinum Public Limited, a holding company of Platinum Bank Ukraine, to a group of financial investors.
- Advising Horizon Capital with respect to a USD40 million investment into Tinkoff Credit Systems (TCS Bank), the first online bank in Russia.
- Advising Horizon Capital on its business activities across various industries including pharma (acquisition of a stake in Biofarma), winery (co-investment with Hartwall Capital into the Inkerman wine business), beverages (acquisition of a minority stake in juce producer Vitmark Ukraine), satellite and telecommunications (acquisition of a minority stake in telecom service producer Datagroup), and food (acquisition of a stake in Shostka Cheese Plant.
- Advising Ovostar Union N.V., one of the leading Ukrainian producers of shell eggs and egg products, on its IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange through a Dutch holding company, where the company raised USD33.22 million through the placement of 25 percent of new shares.
- Advising Unicredit Bank as the underwriter on dairy producer Milkiland's IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, where the company raised EUR53 million.
- Advising on the sale of 100 percent of the participation interest in LLC Technocom, Ukraine's market leader in instant noodles, instant mashed potato, ready-to-eat soups and dehydrated seasonings under the Mivina brand, to Nestle S.A.
- Advising SAB Miller Plc, one of the world's largest brewers, operating in over 60 countries across six continents, with respect to the acquisition of Sarmat, one of the largest Ukrainian brewers.
- Advising Providence Equity Partners, the world's leading media and communications private equity firm, with respect to investment into Volia Limited, one of the leading сable TV and broadband internet providers in Ukraine.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York~United States (1999)
- Ukraine (1997)
- Saint Louis University School of Law (1998)
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University (1997)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.