Justin Whittenburg is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group in the Houston office, having joined Baker McKenzie in 2003 as a summer associate. In the interim, Mr. Whittenburg spent four years as senior corporate and compliance counsel at a Houston-based leading global distributor of pipe, valve and fitting (PVF) products.
Mr. Whittenburg is currently a member of Baker McKenzie's North America steering committee for cross-border transactions and integrations. Prior to his life as a corporate lawyer, he was involved in project management for industrial construction projects in the petroleum and chemical industries.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a US publicly-traded multinational pharmaceutical company in its post-acquisition integration valued at approximately USD 1 billion.
- Represented a US publicly-traded multinational automotive company in its global pre-spin-off reorganization relating to its automotive business valued at approximately USD 4 billion.
- Represented a US publicly-traded energy company domiciled in the US in establishing an international pre-acquisition platform and funding a USD 2 billion acquisition.
- Represented a US publicly-traded energy services company domiciled in the UK in its global restructuring consisting of subsidiaries and assets valued at approximately USD 3 billion.
- Represented US publicly-traded energy services company domiciled in Switzerland in its global restructuring consisting of subsidiaries and debt valued at approximately USD 5 billion.
- Represented a US private company in its credit bid acquisition of various oil and gas assets out of bankruptcy with a value of approximately USD 200 million.
- Represented a US publicly-traded rotating pump company domiciled in the US in its global restructuring consisting of subsidiaries and debt valued at approximately USD 500 million.
- Represented an Australian publicly-traded client in its acquisition of an oilfield engineering services company with an estimated value of USD 110 million.
- Represented a US publicly-traded entertainment and advertising company in its disposition of its Irish joint venture company for approximately USD 165 million.
- Represented a US publicly-traded energy services company in its disposition of a division of its business for approximately USD 190 million.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Houston Bar Association - Member
- Texas~United States (2004)
- University of Houston (J.D.) (2004)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A.) (1998)