Charles Whitefoord is a partner in Firm's Corporate Group in London with over 20 years’ experience in advising clients on private equity and M&A transactions. He joined the Firm in 1989 and became a partner in 1997. From 2003 to 2008, he was head of Baker McKenzie's Global Private Equity Practice.
Charles is primarily focused on leveraged buyouts, investments, acquisitions and disposals for UK and international clients. A large proportion of Charles' work is in relation to cross-border or multi-country transactions with a particular focus on the German market. He has significant experience in the automotive sector.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised DFDS A/S, the Danish shipping and logistics company, on its EUR 950m acquisition of Un Ro Ro from Actera and Esas Holding.
- Advised Post Holdings, Inc on its USD 1.8 billion acquisition of Weetabix from Bright Food Group and Baring Private Equity Asia.
- Advised Priceline Group on its USD 550 million acquisition of Momondo Group Limited from Great Hill Partners and Management.
- Advised a consortium of Private Equity funds on the buyout (2006) of Amoun Pharmaceutical, an Egypt-based generic drug company and on the exit (2015) to Valeant International for USD 800 million.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners and KKR on their proposed buyout of Americana Group SAK.
- Advised Jones Lang Lasalle in connection with the USD 330 million purchase of Integral UK Ltd.
- Advised Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board in connection with the buyout of Camelot.
- ALS Limited on its USD 533 million acquisition of global provider of specialist oil and gas services and equipment Reservoir Group
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1991)
- Durham University (B.A.) (1987)