Charles Whitefoord is a partner in Firm's Corporate Group in London with over 25 years’ experience in advising clients on private equity and M&A transactions. He joined the Firm in 1989 and became a partner in 1997. From 2003 to 2008, he was head of Baker McKenzie's Global Private Equity Practice.
Charles is primarily focused on leveraged buyouts, investments, acquisitions and disposals for UK and international clients. A large proportion of Charles' work is in relation to cross-border or multi-country transactions with a particular focus on the German market. He has significant experience in the technology and infrastructure sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Colt Technology Services on its agreement for the proposed purchase of the EMEA business (fibre networks, subsea cables and data centers) of Lumen Technologies for USD 1.8 billion.
- Advised NTT Global Data Centers on its strategic real estate partnership with Macquarie Asset Management in relation to wholesale and hyperscale data centres in Europe and North America and on its JV with Tokyo Century corporation in relation to a data centre campus in Mumbai, India.
- Advised Equinix Inc on its joint ventures with GIC in relation to the development and operation of hyperscale data centres in Europe and Japan (each USD 1 billion).
- Advised Danish shipping and logistics company, DFDS A/S on its EUR 950 million acquisition of UN Ro-Ro from its private equity owners Actera Group and Esas Holding.
- Advised Post Holdings, Inc on its USD 1.8 billion acquisition of Weetabix from Bright Food Group and Baring Private Equity Asia.
- Advised Priceline Group (now Booking Holdings) on its USD 550 million acquisition of Momondo Group Limited from Great Hill Partners and Management.
- Advised Accenture in connection with a number of acquisitions of technology companies in Europe.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners and KKR on their proposed buyout of Americana Group SAK.
- Advised The Rohatyn Group (TRG) (formerly CVCI) on its investment in the Amethyst Radiotherapy Group.
- Advised Lightsource on its strategic partnership with and BlackRock Real Assets including the transfer of a 25 asset newly constructed ROC and CFD portfolio with an installed capacity of 156 MWp.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1991)
- Durham University (B.A.) (1987)