Dr. Thomas Wernicke heads the Germany Corporate Reorganizations Group and has more than 20 years of experience in advising companies in all aspects of corporate and capital markets law, including litigation in these fields. Thomas is also admitted as a notary and has been recognized as a frequently recommended notary for corporate law by JUVE in 2012.
Thomas focuses his practice on corporate law. He has extensive experience in advising corporate clients on large domestic and cross-border corporate transactions and major reorganizations as well as on legal issues related to capital markets and stock corporation law.
Representative Legal Matters
Advised a large US aircraft manufacturer in a reorganization of German entities.
Advised multinational corporations on the structure of global cash pools.
Advised listed companies on preparing and conducting shareholder meetings.
Advised on corporate reorganizations including cross-border mergers.
Advised management boards and supervisory boards of listed companies regarding tender offers.
Advised international corporations on the implementation of employee share plans.
- Best Lawyer in Germany for Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Best Lawyers 2021
- New York~United States (1999)
- Germany (1993)
- University of Chicago (Master of Laws) (1998)
- University of Munich (Doctor Juris) (1995)
- University of Munich (Assessor Exam) (1993)
- University of Munich (Referendar Exam) (1990)