Keri Watkins is a senior lawyer based in Baker McKenzie’s Dubai office and heads the Real Estate & Hospitality practice group in the UAE. An experienced UK qualified real estate lawyer, Keri has been advising local and multinational businesses and public institutions in the UAE since 2007.
Keri has extensive real estate experience and advises on all aspects of the commercial real estate transaction from the initial due diligence and structuring of the deal to post completion aspects. Keri has a particular focus on the hospitality, healthcare and data center sectors. During her time in the United Arab Emirates, Keri has spent time on secondment with Dubai Properties Group and Gulf Capital.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2010)
- Dubai - Registered Legal Consultant
- De Montfort University (Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice) (2006)
- De Montfort University (LLB Hons) (2005)
- Co-author, "Restructuring Distressed Real Estate Projects," Middle East Business Intelligence, October 2020
- Co-author, "How new health and safety regulations affect hotels," Hotelier Middle East, September 2020
- Co-author, "Baker McKenzie Lawyers on the Complex Decisions Around Rebranding Hotels," Hotelier Middle East, July 2020
- Commentary, "What are the Legal Issues to Consider When Operating a Data Centre in GCC?" TechRadar, May 2020
- Co-author, "The Legal Implications of COVID-19 for Hoteliers," Hotelier Middle East, March 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP