Dr. Peter Wand is a partner in the Firm's Frankfurt office. He has more than 15 years of experience in cross-border transactions. In August 2016, the German business magazine Wirtschaftswoche listed him as one of the top 30 M&A lawyers in Germany. In Chambers Global (2017), where he is ranked for Corporate/M&A work in both Germany and the US, a client noted that he "is a highly adaptive and highly thoughtful legal consultant." Chambers Europe (2015) recommends him for his outstanding knowledge of the subject matter and client service. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, he worked for another leading international law firm.
Dr. Wand focuses his practice on private and public M&A transactions for private equity and corporate clients. In addition, he advises companies and their directors in connection with corporate governance and compliance matters. Dr. Wand has longstanding experience in the insurance, banking and life sciences industries.
Representative Legal Matters
Before Dr. Wand joined the Firm, he:
- Advised Dover Corporation in connection with the EUR425 million acquisition of the dispensers and systems business from petrol station equipment provider Tokheim.
- Advised Morgan Stanley as financial adviser to NASDAQ-listed life science and technology company Sigma-Aldrich in the USD17 billion acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich by Merck KGaA.
- Advised CD&R in its USD1.8 billion acquisition of Ashland Water Technologies.
- Advised CD&R in connection with its acquisition of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at USD2.5 billion.
- Advised AIG Century in its EUR80 million public tender offer for AIRE, a real estate investment company, and the subsequent merger-related squeeze-out of minority shareholders.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Invest Europe - Member of the Investor Regulation Working Group
- International Bar Association - Member
- German National Scholarship Foundation - Alumnus
- European Recovery Program - Alumnus
- New York~United States (2002)
- Germany (1999)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Dr. jur.) (2000)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M. Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1998)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (1997)
- State of Bavaria (First State Exam) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.