Dr. Peter Wand is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Baker McKenzie. He has more than 15 years of experience in cross-border transactions and focuses his practice on M&A transactions for corporate, private equity and venture capital clients. Chambers Global and Chambers Europe (2018) rank Peter as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A work in both Germany and the US. In 2016, the German business magazine Wirtschaftswoche listed him as one of the top 30 M&A lawyers in Germany.
Peter regularly advises on public takeovers, private equity and venture capital transactions, corporate restructurings, carve-outs and joint ventures in a number of industry sectors, including insurance, healthcare and automotive.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised LKQ on the EUR1.5 billion acquisition of Stahlgruber.
- Advised Daimler on numerous venture fund investment in Europe and the US.
- Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of GEKA Group from 3i.
- Advised Sika on the acquisition of the FAIST ChemTec Group.
- Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of the Transcodent Group.
- Advised Daimler on the joint venture with Via to launch on-demand ride-sharing services in Europe.
- Advised Flowserve on the EUR186 million sale of Gestra Group to Spirax-Sarco Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Invest Europe - Member of the Investor Regulation Working Group
- International Bar Association - Member
- German National Scholarship Foundation - Alumnus
- European Recovery Program - Alumnus
- New York~United States (2002)
- Germany (1999)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Dr. jur.) (2000)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M. Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1998)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (1997)
- State of Bavaria (First State Exam) (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten, Wirtschaftsprüfern und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.