Representative Legal Matters
Advised Visa on its acquisition of Payworks, a provider of next-generation point of sale payment technology.
Advised specialty chemicals group Evonik on the EUR 3 billion sale of its methacrylates business to funds advised by Advent International.
Advised Mayersche Buchhandlung with Best Of Books on the merger with omni-channel book retailer Thalia.
Advised global IT services provider Birlasoft on the worldwide integration aspects of its merger with KPIT.
Advised Daimler on its corporate VC program in Europe, Asia and the US.
Advised LKQ on the EUR1.5 billion acquisition of Stahlgruber.
Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of GEKA Group from 3i.
Advised Sika on the acquisition of the FAIST ChemTec Group.
Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of the Transcodent Group.
Advised Flowserve on the EUR186 million sale of Gestra Group to Spirax-Sarco Engineering.
- Fifth annual Global Business Edition of The Best Lawyers for his work in mergers and acquisitions law, 2021
- 12th Edition of The Best Lawyers in Germany for his work in mergers and acquisitions law, 2021
- Leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A work in Germany, Chambers Global 2019/2020
- Leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A work in Germany, Juve 2019/2020
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Mergers and Acquisitions Law since 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Invest Europe - Member of the Investor Regulation Working Group
- International Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2002)
- Germany (1999)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Dr. jur.) (2000)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1998)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (1997)
- State of Bavaria (First State Exam) (1995)
- Co-author (with Rouven Reuter et al.), "InsurTech - Opportunities and Legal Challenges for the Insurance Industry," (pts. 3 & 4), Revue Trimestrielle de Droit Financier, No. 2-2020, pp. 75-88
- Author, "Health Care M&A Transactions in Germany," PLI Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions Answer Book 2019 (6th edition), July 2019
- Author: "Käufe mit geringer Haftung - Die Konjunktur bei Unternehmenskäufen", Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, No. 85, p. 16, 10 April 2019
- Co-author (with Dr. Christian Vocke), "Transaktionen ohne Ärger – Versicherungen flankieren Unternehmensverkäufe", Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, No. 203, p. 16, 31 August 2016