Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Mayersche Buchhandlung on merger with Thalia.
- Advised Birlasoft on integration aspects of its merger with KPIT.
- Advised LKQ on the EUR1.5 billion acquisition of Stahlgruber.
- Advised Daimler on numerous venture fund investments in Europe and the US.
- Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of GEKA Group from 3i.
- Advised Sika on the acquisition of the FAIST ChemTec Group.
- Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of the Transcodent Group.
- Advised Daimler on the joint venture with Via to launch on-demand ride-sharing services in Europe.
- Advised Flowserve on the EUR186 million sale of Gestra Group to Spirax-Sarco Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Invest Europe - Member of the Investor Regulation Working Group
- International Bar Association - Member
- German National Scholarship Foundation - Alumnus
- European Recovery Program - Alumnus
- New York~United States (2002)
- Germany (1999)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Dr. jur.) (2000)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M. Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1998)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (1997)
- State of Bavaria (First State Exam) (1995)
Author, "Health Care M&A Transactions in Germany," PLI Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions Answer Book 2017 (4th edition), July 2017
Co-author (with Dr. Christian Vocke), "Transaktionen ohne Ärger – Versicherungen flankieren Unternehmensverkäufe", Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung Nr. 203, S.16, 31 August 2016
Moderator, "Corporate Venture Capital and M&A Strategy," 11th Annual International M&A and Corporate Finance Summit 2018, Montreux, Switzerland, 18 June 2018
Speaker, "Cross-border mergers and divisions in the EU: an update", Academy of European Law (ERA), Annual Conference on European Company Law and Corporate Governance 2016, Trier, Germany, 22 September 2016
Speaker, "Shareholder Activism - Focus Panel", IFLR European M&A Forum 2015, London, United Kingdom, 29 September 2015