Representative Legal Matters
Advised Visa on its acquisition of Payworks, a provider of next-generation point of sale payment technology.
Advised specialty chemicals group Evonik on the EUR 3 billion sale of its methacrylates business to funds advised by Advent International.
Advised Mayersche Buchhandlung with Best Of Books on the merger with omni-channel book retailer Thalia.
Advised global IT services provider Birlasoft on the worldwide integration aspects of its merger with KPIT.
Advised Daimler on its corporate VC program in Europe, Asia and the US.
Advised LKQ on the EUR1.5 billion acquisition of Stahlgruber.
Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of GEKA Group from 3i.
Advised Sika on the acquisition of the FAIST ChemTec Group.
Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of the Transcodent Group.
Advised Flowserve on the EUR186 million sale of Gestra Group to Spirax-Sarco Engineering.
- 11th Edition of The Best Lawyers in Germany for his work in mergers and acquisitions law, Best Lawyers 2020
- Leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A work in Germany, Chambers Global 2019/2020
- Leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A work in Germany, Juve 2019/2020
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for M&A, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A work in Germany and the US, Chambers Global, Chambers Europe 2018
- One of the top 30 M&A lawyers in Germany, Wirtschaftswoche 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Invest Europe - Member of the Investor Regulation Working Group
- International Bar Association - Member
- German National Scholarship Foundation - Alumnus
- European Recovery Program - Alumnus
- New York~United States (2002)
- Germany (1999)
- (Dr. jur.) (2000)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M. Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1998)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (1997)
- State of Bavaria (First State Exam) (1995)
Author, "Health Care M&A Transactions in Germany," PLI Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions Answer Book 2017 (4th edition), July 2017
Co-author (with Dr. Christian Vocke), "Transaktionen ohne Ärger – Versicherungen flankieren Unternehmensverkäufe", Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung Nr. 203, S.16, 31 August 2016
Moderator, "Corporate Venture Capital and M&A Strategy," 11th Annual International M&A and Corporate Finance Summit 2018, Montreux, Switzerland, 18 June 2018
Speaker, "Cross-border mergers and divisions in the EU: an update", Academy of European Law (ERA), Annual Conference on European Company Law and Corporate Governance 2016, Trier, Germany, 22 September 2016
Speaker, "Shareholder Activism - Focus Panel", IFLR European M&A Forum 2015, London, United Kingdom, 29 September 2015