Dr. Peter Wand LL.M.
Dr. Peter Wand is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Baker McKenzie. He has more than 20 years of experience in cross-border M&A transactions for corporate, private equity and venture capital clients.
Peter regularly advises on high-end M&A transactions, reorganizations, carve-outs and joint ventures with a focus on automotive and financial services. He also has long-standing experience advising leading institutional investors on fund investments.
Representative Legal Matters
Regularly advises Mercedes-Benz on M&A transactions.
Regularly advises Tencent on venture capital transactions.
Regularly advises the German Nuclear Waste Management Fund and other leading institutional investors on their fund investments.
Advised VINCI Energies on the acquisition of Kontron's IT services business.
Advised Rakuten on a long-term partnership with 1&1 to build its own mobile network.
Advised Visa on its acquisition of Payworks, a provider of next-generation point of sale payment technology.
Advised specialty chemicals group Evonik on the EUR 3 billion sale of its methacrylates business to funds advised by Advent International.
Advised Mayersche Buchhandlung with Best Of Books on the merger with omnichannel book retailer Thalia.
Advised global IT services provider Birlasoft on the worldwide integration aspects of its merger with KPIT.
Advised LKQ on the EUR 1.5 billion acquisition of Stahlgruber.
Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of GEKA Group from 3i.
Advised Sika on the acquisition of the FAIST ChemTec Group.
Advised Sulzer on the acquisition of the Transcodent Group.
Advised Flowserve on the EUR 186 million sale of Gestra Group to SpiraxSarco Engineering.
- Legal 500 for M&A Large Deals (EUR 500m+) in Germany, 2022
- 14th Edition of The Best Lawyers in Germany for his work in M&A law, 2023
- Leading lawyer for corporate work in Germany, Juve 2022/2023
- Leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A work in Germany, Chambers Global 2019/2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Invest Europe - Member of the Investor Regulation Working
- Group International Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2002)
- Germany (1999)
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Dr. jur.) (2000)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1998)
- State of Bavaria (Second State Exam) (1997)
- State of Bavaria (First State Exam) (1995)
Publications and Presentations
- Co-author (with Rouven Reuter), "Transactions involving warranty & indemnity (W&I) insurance," "Legal Project Management" and "Compliance," in Kaestle/Svernloev, Legal Due Diligence in International M&A Transactions, 2022
- Author, "Health Care M&A Transactions in Germany," PLI Health Care Mergers and Acquisitions Answer Book (9th edition), October 2022
- Co-author (with Tobias Greven and Rouven Reuter), "Legal Project Management bei M&A-Transaktionen," Zeitschrift für Unternehmensjuristen, 6-2021, pp. 49-52
- Co-author (with Rouven Reuter et al.), "Insurtech: Opportunities and Legal Challenges for the Insurance Industry," (pts. 3 & 4), Revue Trimestrielle de Droit Financier, No. 2-2020, pp. 75-88
- Author, "Käufe mit geringer Haftung - Die Konjunktur bei Unternehmenskäufen," Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, No. 85, p. 16, 10 April 2019
- Co-author (with Dr. Christian Vocke), "Transaktionen ohne Ärger – Versicherungen flankieren Unternehmensverkäufe," Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, No. 203, p. 16, 31 August 2016
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.