Erika Wan is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Banking & Finance Practice Group.
Erika's practice focuses on domestic and cross-border real estate finance transactions, acquisition financing transactions and bilateral and syndicated debt financing transactions. She has extensive experience in advising corporations, listed companies and investment funds as borrowers and various financial institutions as lenders on a broad range of financing transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
Representing corporations, listed companies and investment funds as borrowers
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company, being the world's largest pork company, on its USD 1.5 billion term loan facility.
- Advised a leading Chinese property developer whose shares are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on its USD 600 million multi-currency syndicated loan facility.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company focusing on the development of environmental protection businesses on its USD 70 million term loan facilities for the construction and operation of waster water treatment plans in various cities in PRC.
- Advised an internationally diversified property group with headquarters in London, United Kingdom on its HKD 142.08 million term loan facility secured by a building in Kennedy Tower, Hong Kong.
- Advised a leading global private investment firm on its (1) offshore USD 120 million acquisition loan facility and (2) two onshore RMB term loan facilities for the acquisition of two offshore entities, one incorporated in Hong Kong and the other incorporated in Singapore, which indirectly hold equity interests in two PRC entities each holding a hotel in Beijing, PRC, respectively.
Representing various banks and financial institutions as lenders
- Advised a bank in Hong Kong on a HKD 355.2 million term loan facility made to a Hong Kong company for its acquisition of a shopping mall in Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Advised a bank in Hong Kong on a HK Dollar acquisition loan facility made to a UK subsidiary of a Chinese property developer for funding its acquisition of a piece of land in London, United Kingdom.
- Advised a bank in Hong Kong on a USD 190 million term loan facility made to an offshore subsidiary of a Chinese entity for funding the development costs of a hotel located in Los Angeles, the United States, owned by the US subsidiary of the Chinese entity.
- Advised various financial institutions on a USD 200 million term loan facility made to a Hong Kong company and secured by a piece of land located in the Sama Jaya Free Industrial Zone, Kuching, Malaysia.
- Advised various banks and financial institutions and the green finance structuring advisors on a HKD 3,600 million secured term loan facility to be made to a subsidiary of a Hong Kong conglomerate, which was used to finance or refinance the development costs and the funding requirements related to the development of The Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel. The facility was the first green loan solely used to finance a hotel property in Hong Kong, which achieved a rating of "GOLD" in the Provisional Assessment under BEAM Plus Assessment For New Building (NB) v.1.2 from the Hong Kong Green Building Council, and was certified by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency to be in compliance with the requirements of Green Finance Certification Scheme - Pre-Issuance Stage Assessment.
- England & Wales (non-practicing)~United Kingdom (2005)
- England & Wales~North America (2005)
- Hong Kong (2004)
- Hong Kong~North America (2004)
- The University of Hong Kong (LL.B. and P.C.LL.)
- McGill University, Montreal (B.Sc.)
- City University of Hong Kong (LL.M.)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.