Heleen Vrolijk is a senior associate and candidate civil-law notary in the corporate group, concentrating on cross-border corporate restructurings and conversions. She also advises multinationals on Dutch corporate governance, post-acquisition integrations and the establishment of investment structures. Before joining the Amsterdam office in 2007, she was a student intern at the Firm's San Francisco office.
Heleen focuses her practice on corporate law, corporate reorganizations, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and European company law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinated and implemented a pan-European restructuring involving 22 countries for a Europe-based fashion company.
- Coordinated and implemented the employee participation plan of a global commodities company.
- Advised on the IPO of a European travel agent.
- Provided corporate governance advice involving large regime companies.
- Advised on post-acquisition integrations for multinationals in IT, food and pharmaceutics, and fashion
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB) - Member
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2011)
- University of Leiden (Civil Notarial Law) (2007)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (2007)
Author, "Dutch bill on cross-border conversions," Corporate Structures Newsletter, 2014
Author, "VALE : Update on corporate cross-border mobility in the EU," Corporate Structures Newsletter, 2013
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.