Julie Van thienen
Baker & McKenzie CVBA/SCRL
Julie Van thienen is a senior associate in the Employment Practice Group in the Brussels office. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2020 after several years of experience in another large law firm.
Julie advises local and international companies on all aspects of individual and collective employment law and social security law. She is skilled in both litigation and advisory work. Julie has a particular experience in transfer of undertaking, compensations and benefits, discrimination law and drafting of social documents (such as employment contracts and work rules).
In addition, Julie focuses on all aspects of immigration and global mobility of executives.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Social Law Association (Vereniging voor Sociaal Recht) - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (2015)
- EHSAL (Post Graduate Degree Business Administration (with highest distinction)) (2020)
- University of Ghent (Law Degree magna cum laude) (2015)
- EF International Language Centers (Multilanguage year in the US, Costa Rica and France) (2010)
- Co-author, “De uitoefening van het (corona-)ouderschapsverlof gewaarborgd: ontslagbescherming en recht op terugkeer in de oorspronkelijke of een gelijkwaardige functie”, Oriëntatie, September 2020