Suzanne van Balen is a senior associate and candidate civil law notary in Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. She works with the Firm's legal and tax experts both in Amsterdam and in other offices, to ensure integrated transaction support.
Suzanne focuses her practice on corporate (notarial) law and advises on domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions as well as setting up joint ventures, partnerships and corporations. She also advises on general corporate and governance matters, from the perspective of Dutch corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Blackstone on the acquisition of a majority stake in Esdec Solar Group from Rivean Capital.
- Advised Wilbur-Ellis on the merger with Advent of their life sciences and specialty chemicals solutions businesses to form a leading global value-add distribution platform with unique positions in high-growth regions and combined sales of around EUR 3 billion.
- Advised S&P Global on its merger with IHS Markit, creating a leading information services provider with a unique portfolio of highly complementary assets.
- Advised Logista on the acquisition of Speedlink Worldwide Express, a specialist in B2B express deliveries to and from Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Advised SCG Chemicals on the acquisition of a majority interest in Kras Recycling.
- Advised the shareholders of Heinenoord with the sale of 70% of the shares in Heinenoord Group.
- Advised the shareholders of Multitubes Group on their partnership with Mentha Capital.
- Advised Hotmart with a USD 130 million investment round.
- Advised De Heus with its acquisition of Van Miert poultry.
- Advised Daiwa House on the acquisition of shares in Flexbuild Holding.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Amsterdam~The Netherlands (2017)
- VU University Amsterdam (Post Graduate Degree Mergers & Acquisitions, cum laude) (2022)
- Foundation for the Professional Education of Civil-Law Notaries (Professional Education Civil-Law Notaries) (2021)
- VU University Amsterdam (LLM Notarial Law, cum laude) (2017)
- VU University Amsterdam (LLB Notarial Law) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.