Suzanne van Balen is a candidate civil law notary in Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. She works with the Firm's legal and tax experts both in Amsterdam and in other offices, to ensure integrated transaction support.
Suzanne focuses her practice on corporate (notarial) law and advises on domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions as well as setting up joint ventures, partnerships and corporations. She also advises on general corporate and governance matters, from the perspective of Dutch corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the shareholders of Heinenoord with the sale of 70% of the shares in Heinenoord Group.
- Advised the shareholders of Multitubes Group on their partnership with Mentha Capital.
- Advised Hotmart with a USD 130 million investment round.
- Advised De Heus with its acquisition of Van Miert poultry.
- Advised Daiwa House on the acquisition of shares in Flexbuild Holding.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Amsterdam~The Netherlands (2017)
- VU University Amsterdam (LLM Notarial Law, cum laude) (2017)
- VU University Amsterdam (LLB Notarial Law) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.