Bonnie Tsui is a partner in the Transactional Practice Group and joined Baker McKenzie's Toronto office as a summer associate in 2012. She was awarded an International Clerkship in 2014, working with the Global Reorganizations team in the London, England office. Bonnie is Co-Chair of the Student Recruitment Committee for the Toronto office.
Bonnie’s transactional practice focuses on advising multinational clients with the planning and implementation of complex, cross-border corporate reorganization projects, including pre-transaction restructurings, post-acquisition integrations, separations and spin-offs, entity rationalizations and other strategic transactions. She also advises Canadian clients on a broad range of corporate governance issues and general corporate law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Brookfield Business Partners LP, the private equity arm of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. on all non-US legal matters and implementation of its USD 13.2 billion acquisition of the Power Solutions business of Johnson Controls International.
- Represented Camso Inc. on its USD 1.7 billion sale to The Michelin Group. The transaction spanned over 28 jurisdictions.
- Advised a global biotechnology company on a post-acquisition integration matter involving over 70 jurisdictions.
- Advised Baxter International Inc. on the international aspects of the spinoff of its bioscience business into a new NYSE-listed company, Baxalta Incorporated.
- Advising a leading pharmaceuticals company on its global expansion plans in key markets across Europe and Asia.
- Advising not-for-profit corporations and registered charities on constitution and corporate governance matters and strategic planning.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario~Canada (2014)
- University of Toronto (J.D.) (2014)
- University of Waterloo (B.A. History & Music, Honours) (2006)
- Co-author, "Global Transparency Trends and Beneficial Ownership Disclosure," International Comparative Legal Guide on Corporate Governance Laws and Regulations, July 2020
- Co-author, "Selecting Directors for Multinational Groups and Related Best Practices," Corporate Counsel, June 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.